Driver seat replacement

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Riko8675309

Driver seat replacement

Post by Riko8675309 »

I bought my 2009 Vibe 3 months ago with 113,000 highway miles on it & have put an additional 10K on it while touring around the US. The car is stellar, runs great, good gas mileage, and a relatively comfortable ride; so far I've only had to replace a headlight bulb.
The one issue I have with my Vibe is the drivers seat. The previous owner was on the large size weight wise, and after 113,000 highway miles, whatever support the seat offered was worn down. Without knowing how ergonomic the original driver seat was, I don't know if I should find a low mileage original equipment seat or a seat upgrade with ergonomic features.
I'd like to hear opinions from other Vibe owners whether a low mile original equipment seat would be adequate comfort wise or should I look for an after market seat. If someone has upgraded their driver seat, I'd be interested in hearing which one you bought and where from.

Thanks.
wiresbringit

Re: Driver seat replacement

Post by wiresbringit »

Bought mine with 61k on the ticker. Same here, ok but not wonderful for seat comfort. I've wondered if the GT seats might be better?

But alas I have the passenger front folding seat which I love so I don't see myself changing them.
2009 Blue AWD 2.4L