Seat Heater Installation Question for 09-10 Vibe

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
BaseWhiteVibe

Seat Heater Installation Question for 09-10 Vibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

I just purchased an entire OEM seat cover set that was a New Vehicle Take off, the company made a show car out of the Vibe and they were left with this set. Since I have two cigarette burns from the previous owner I wanted to replace the bottom cushion covers, but since I am getting the WHOLE SET I will be changing everything out come spring.

The question I have is, if I install seat heaters to the Driver and Passenger seat will the weight sensor be effected? My hope is that nothing will happen but I just wanted to see if anyone happened to do this install before. The last thing I want is to mess that sensor up!

Thank you for your help!
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
vibenvy

Re: Seat Heater Installation Question for 09-10 Vibe

Post by vibenvy »

Are the covers you got from a Vibe GT? I have never been a huge fan of the GT seats and have often thought about changing covers or finding someone with a Base / AWD to swap seats with :P.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

Tim, tpollauf on here, installed a set in his son's Vibe and I think a couple others have done it too. I don't think they had any problems with it. I'm thinking about doing it on mine too as I've gotten spoiled with the heaters in my wife's Equinox. Not like we need them in Houston, but they sure make my back feel good while driving. Massage would be even better! :D
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Well I will be changing out the whole set, given the fact that he wouldn't sell the seat bottoms by themselves and I might as well just replace the whole thing. When I do take the old covers off I will have them available, however the bottoms of the driver and passenger have small holes in them.

Heck if you would like make me an offer go for it, the moment I take them off I can ship them right to you. Then all you need to do is run them through the washing machine and get two new seat bottoms for the fronts and there you go!
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!