Floor Mats and Rear Cargo Mat POLL! Help me out!

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic

Which cargo liner should I choose?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:04 pm

WeatherTech with the Ridge of Confidence!
No votes
GM Tried and True!
100%

Total votes: 1

BaseWhiteVibe

Floor Mats and Rear Cargo Mat POLL! Help me out!

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Ok folks, need some help/opinions on the following.

2009 Vibe BASE 1.8L

Items Wanted
1) WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor mats for first and second row (think I am sold on this, any opinions?)
2) Rubber Cargo Area Cover

For the cargo area do I get:
A) The WeatherTech Cargo Liner Part Number: 40347 (REF: http://www.weathertech.com/pontiac/2009 ... rgo-liner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
B) The GM Cargo Liner Part Number: 19170827 (REF: http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_ima ... _large.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

With the WeatherTech I get a nice ridge of protection around the cargo area but when I put the seat backs down I don't get total protection and think that the ridge would be damaged
With the GM Liner I can lay the seat down and not worry about a ridge

Thoughts? What should a simple Base Vibe Guy do?
Attachments
GM
GM
GM cargo rear.jpg (77.33 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
WeatherTech
WeatherTech
Weathertechrear.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
Rayven01

Re: Floor Mats and Rear Cargo Mat POLL! Help me out!

Post by Rayven01 »

I much prefer the GM mat. It's very solid rubber and is great protection. I have a 100lb dog that rides in the back with never a mark on the rubber from her big claws. The weathertech seems to be thinner and floppy and that ridge with the seats down is just asking to get ripped at the edges.
Image  Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I agree 100% with Rayven! I actually ordered second GM cargo mats for both our 2009 GTs so the backs of the rear seats would be protected when they're folded down. We also have the GM floor mats which I couldn't be any happier with and best of all, they match the cargo mats :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

I saw the pictures you posted of the double mats and I thought that was AWESOME! I wouldn't mind doing the same thing!

I love the WeatherTech Digital floor mats because of the lip that catches all the liquids, but at times I have seen WeatherTechs a bit on the thinner side

So I will have to see!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I actually ordered some Husky Liners floor and cargo liners (same as WeatherTech, but cheaper) a few months ago. When they arrived, I installed them, but ended up removing them after a week or so and selling them because they just didn't seem very durable. Yes, the raised lip all around is nice, but the GM mats do a fine job of catching everything so I would rather have a more durable, heavy duty rubber mat like the GM one. The carpet in both our Vibes looks brand new because we've had the GM stuff since we first got our Vibes, so they definitely do what they're supposed to do.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

I went ahead and got a Universal Trimable Cargo Liner, given the price (Under $30 shipped to my house) I figure it was worth a try and if it doesn't work out I can put it in my wife's lease car.
Attachments
Cargo Liner
Cargo Liner
Cargo liner.JPG (59.34 KiB) Viewed 1625 times