Air Bag Light On Gauge?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Ls1jorge

Air Bag Light On Gauge?

Post by Ls1jorge »

Is there anyway to remove the gauge cluster & pry open the clutser so i can cover up the air bag symbol? A few months back I was in a car accident, old lady hit me on my driverside fender, no airbags deployed & since then the air bag light has on.
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
keithvibe

Re: Air Bag Light On Gauge?

Post by keithvibe »

if the light is on there is an issue with the system.
By removing the light you are creating a bigger issue. When you go to resell the car and the light has been removed you are now liable for the death of the future owner.
My 2cents, fix the issue so the light goes out.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Sounds like you need to diagnose and fix, not hide.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I agree, air bags are worth having. If someone hit your car, you should have been able to get insurance to fix it, fender and airbags
Ls1jorge

Post by Ls1jorge »

Thanks, Ill take it to the dealer & have them fix it.
05 Vibe-Pioneer indash touch, Remote Start Alarm, TSW 18 inch.
99 Camaro z28- Cammed/Stalled/Full Bolt Ons
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Cool. Would rather have you riding in a safe Vibe. There are lots of stories here about people surviving terrible Vibe wrecks, the air bags are part of what makes the cars safe. It wouldn't be difficult to pull the cluster,pop off the front plastic and put some opaque thing in front of the light, but you can tell we certainly recommend against it. We're not usually this preachy about stuff, but we care about you and our other friends here.

A dealer should be able to fix it, but don't think it will be cheap. Hope you can get someone else to pay for it. Really though, still worth it even if it comes out of your own pocket.