2003 Vibe comfort

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
ytaimaishu

2003 Vibe comfort

Post by ytaimaishu »

Hello. I've had my 2003 Vibe for a while. Got it for the reliability as my last car was a crap shoot...it's been great so far.

Only thing is the seats are really squishy for me. I'm pretty tall and I find myself adjusting the seat 5 times a day, only to realize it never really works. I sit in a "normal" car and I'm flabbergasted as to just how soft the seats are...much too soft.

How do you guys fix this? Are there specific seat covers I can get or anything? I really like the car, but I live in LA and cars are a huge part of our lives out here. Being uncomfortable kinda...yeah...sucks.
SeattleJeremy

Re: 2003 Vibe comfort

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Seat comfort is really important, and it sounds like you need to contact an car upholstery shop.
Once the cushions get too squishy, there isn't much to be done, other than replace the squishy bits. It's a strait forward job, and shouldn't cost much to fix.

For reference I contacted a shop in San Diego they said to the bottom cushion it's $125, and to do the bottom and back at the same time is $175.

Here is a search for the LA area.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=automotive ... &FORM=AWRE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
ytaimaishu

Re: 2003 Vibe comfort

Post by ytaimaishu »

Great thanks I will look into that. Never thought about it. I'll look into it. I was shocked, I was so obsessed with finding the most reliable car with this and that I totally forgot to feel the comfort in it. Haha...next time I buy I'll just have to use common sense!