Cabin air filter door clips broken

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
cythraul

Cabin air filter door clips broken

Post by cythraul »

Hi,My local mechanic broke the clips holding the door to the cabin air filter. If this dorr is open, it prevent the glove compartment to close... While I can use some duct tape to hold it, I'd rather have him correct his negligence.I was wondering if someone else had this problem and how much trouble it was to replace the assy... and how much this assy is, just to have an idea of what I'll be asking.Thanks!
2007 Vibe 1.8L Automatic 185K, B&M 70264 Transmission Cooler, Custom 2" hitch receiver.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I used duct tape as well...they are easy to break unfortunately.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Man, I would be so mad!!! He SHOULD fix it.
My lovely Gambit.
cythraul

Post by cythraul »

Quote, originally posted by Persephone »Man, I would be so mad!!! He SHOULD fix it.Well, it's the not the clips really. I'm pissed because I thought that I had finally found a mechanic that I would not mind leaving my car in the morning to have it serviced with absolute confidence.Today, I come back from work after leaving my car in this morning for a simple oil change and winter/summer tire swap. Maybe my error was asking him to do a quick inspection.The shop was closed but the gas bar closes a bit later. I go in, pay the bill and head for the the car. I open the glove compartment to get my shades. Then I notice that the compartment won't close. I figure that the arm is stuck or whatever and my wife and kids are waiting for me so I leave it as is and drive home.It's only home that I notice that I can see the filter. I remove the glove box and realize that the clips are broken. Some engineer in his wisdom decided to have those flimsy clips hold a door that close up. Whatever. So yes, I'm pissed, I'm pissed that my mechanic to whom I instructed not to check the cabin air filter because I can take care of it myself (and beside his filters are too bloody costly) still had someone pull it out anyway breaking the clips in the process and then, I assume, holding it closed while closing the glove box. That my friends is a broken trust. I don't mind the bloody clips. Or maybe I'm angry at myself because for once in my lifetime I let someone work on my car while I was not actively watching.Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »I used duct tape as well...they are easy to break unfortunately.Yah, it's taped with duct tape until tomorrow when I can show my used-to-be regular mechanic what he needs to fix.
2007 Vibe 1.8L Automatic 185K, B&M 70264 Transmission Cooler, Custom 2" hitch receiver.
BadBrew

Re: (cythraul)

Post by BadBrew »

Quote, originally posted by cythraul »Yah, it's taped with duct tape until tomorrow when I can show my used-to-be regular mechanic what he needs to fix. Let us know how he fixed it because I also got mine ductaped
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
cythraul

Re: (BadBrew)

Post by cythraul »

Quote, originally posted by BadBrew »Let us know how he fixed it because I also got mine ductaped I will! Tho, I don't see any other way beside changing the whole assy.