Hatch light not coming on when hatch is opened

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
coloneludatank

Hatch light not coming on when hatch is opened

Post by coloneludatank »

When I open any of the 4 doors all the lights come on fine but the min. I open the hatch none of the lights in my vehicle come on. I have a 03 vibe, base, fwd model by the wayany help would be greatly appreciated.
morbay

Re: Hatch light not coming on when hatch is opened (coloneludatank)

Post by morbay »

I have a 2009, but there is a switch on my light in the back that can switch to off, on or on when opened. Perhaps yours is switched to off?
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
joatmon

Re: Hatch light not coming on when hatch is opened (coloneludatank)

Post by joatmon »

How long has it behaved that way? Has it always done it or did it start when you installed your HIDs?
coloneludatank

Post by coloneludatank »

I just bought the car 2 weeks ago so I do not know really how long it has been happening before with the previous owner but, I used to have a 03 matrix XR that the hatch light used to come on so when I popped the hatch on my vibe and it did not come on I was like !@#$%^&*().And the part that messes me up is the fact that if I open any of the doors on the vehicle that rear light comes on.morbay I did not see the switch that u have on ur 2k9 I wish it was there.My front switch is on door for all the doors but I am baffled what is up with the rear hatch light when I open the hatch.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

ok, I guess I misunderstood.I thought you were saying that if the hatch was open, then you opened a front door, the overhead lights did not come on. I think you are saying that opening a front door still causes the overhead lights to come on but if you just open the hatch, then it does not cause the overhead lights to come on.I assume that if the only thing you open is the hatch, then the door ajar light also does not come on.How about if you just open the hatch glass, and not the entire hatch?