'05 Vibe base driver's door window/lock control panel broke

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
skimask

'05 Vibe base driver's door window/lock control panel broke

Post by skimask »

Just like the title says...The silver panel around the buttons, not the buttons themselves, the forward most mount screw plastic posts broke on the back side, so when you push in on any of the buttons, they all sink down in.Tried using good 2 hour epoxy, drilled some seriously small holes in the plastic screw post and in the panel (not visible from the outside of course!), scuffed it up a bit, put a bit of tension on it while the epoxy cured for a couple days...but...It broke again. Cold weather I guess...makes everything brittle.Next method is gonna be to drill a hole completely thru the whole thing and hold it together with a long-ish small diameter machine bolt/washer/nut and hope I can find one with a fairly decorative head like a flush rivet or something instead of a philips or torx head.Anyone got a part number or a line on that particular piece of trim work?Tried the local salvage yards up here. No dice...
Canker

Re: '05 Vibe base driver's door window/lock control panel broke (skimask)

Post by Canker »

I just bought my vibe a few weeks ago and it came with all the mount points for the switch broken and the switches just laying inside the door. I had planned to drill a hole all the way through that front mount like you are thinking about doing but I ended just using super glue on every point the cover panel and switches came into contact. So far it seems to be working but if it doesn't hold up all drill and bolt the thing together.
03 Pontiac Vibe95 Mazda Miata
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

It doesn't give a part # but a search on toyota-parts-dealer.com shows it for $17.09. Trim plate, W/power window, W/o one touch Left The GM Part is twice as much, part# 88970397
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

There's a really good fix in this thread.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=45097
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
skimask

Post by skimask »

That fix wouldn't work in my case.Mine's broke at the other end and the "post" that holds the screw is broke off flush.May as well just get a new one from the link above.Heck...what's $20.