Leather Steering Wheel

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Dstrokinov

Leather Steering Wheel

Post by Dstrokinov »

Hello to all, does anyone know where I can find a vibe leather steering wheel or the part number? I am looking to upgrade as I hate the stock plastic wheel. My local GM dealer can not find one in his catalogue. Said the only way he can find one is with a Vin from a gt. I have checked eBay and Matrixowners.com too. Thanks.
trb

Re: Leather Steering Wheel (Dstrokinov)

Post by trb »

If all you need is a VIN, look up a GT on http://www.cars.com and use that VIN.Also, here is a site with parts listed and prices, but they don't show part #s.http://www.gmpartscenter.net/?...parts
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Re: Leather Steering Wheel (trb)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Dstrokinov »Hello to all, does anyone know where I can find a vibe leather steering wheel or the part number? I am looking to upgrade as I hate the stock plastic wheel. My local GM dealer can not find one in his catalogue. Said the only way he can find one is with a Vin from a gt. I have checked eBay and Matrixowners.com too. Thanks.2003-2006 Vibe GT leather wrapped steering wheel - #88974275 - $181.50 + $7.99 (handling) = $189.49 on GMPartsCenter.net*The GT leather wrapped steering wheel is only shown for 2003-2006. I am not too familiar with the 1st gen Vibes, but I believe this is because they did away with the "GT" for 2007 and 2008. I would think this same steering wheel could be used on 2007 and 2008 Vibes though. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.* 2009-2010 Vibe GT leather wrapped steering wheel - #19184546 - $209.16 + $7.99 (handling) = $217.15 on GMPartsCenter.net*GMPartsCenter.net is currently offering 5% off your total order through January 31st. Just enter the code fb5 at checkout.*
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibenvy

Re: Leather Steering Wheel (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by vibenvy »

GMPartsDirect finally got their site up and running again, so I added the part number for the 2009-2010 leather wrapped steering wheel to my original post .
Mikypooo

Post by Mikypooo »

I think you need to change a air bag? I'm right or any possibility to make some modification to fit it??? And check some Toyota Corolla (like a S model) It's same...
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Replacing an entire steering wheel with air bag can get very expensive. Best bet is to just cover the rim with a leather wrap from here. Much cheaper than a new steering wheel.http://www.wheelskins.com
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
ColonelPanic

Re:

Post by ColonelPanic »

As long as the air bag is the same unit, one should be able to buy the wheel and install the air bag module to the new wheel. IMHO they all appeared to have the same air bag module (first gen Vibes at least) but of course I can't say for sure.I did this with my Hyundai, I bought a new OEM leather wrapped wheel from a dealer. It was the same exact wheel as what was on it, just with a layer of leather on top. I swapped it out myself, but for that car was only going to run me 1 hr worth of labor at a dealer to change out. (should have let them do it since I put it on a couple teeth too far to the left so it's crooked and I need to take it apart again. ). Anyway, if the Vibe is similar it should't be a huge deal.I would like to have a leather wheel in the Vibe after having one in my car for a while.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Re: Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »As long as the air bag is the same unit, one should be able to buy the wheel and install the air bag module to the new wheel. IMHO they all appeared to have the same air bag module (first gen Vibes at least) but of course I can't say for sure.I did this with my Hyundai, I bought a new OEM leather wrapped wheel from a dealer. It was the same exact wheel as what was on it, just with a layer of leather on top. I swapped it out myself, but for that car was only going to run me 1 hr worth of labor at a dealer to change out. (should have let them do it since I put it on a couple teeth too far to the left so it's crooked and I need to take it apart again. ). Anyway, if the Vibe is similar it should't be a huge deal.I would like to have a leather wheel in the Vibe after having one in my car for a while. I switched to a leather wrapped steering wheel in my former Sunfire SE Sedan as well . As long as the steering wheel is the same as the one that's in your vehicle (except wrapped in leather obviously), there is no need to get another airbag.
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

have you seen redlinegoods.com is wrapping steering wheels now? another option for you, i think they look awesome. they seem to offer good products
chadhgraves

Re: (silverbullet)

Post by chadhgraves »

I would suggest trying out a good steering wheel cover before you go and buy a whole new steering wheel. I just bought a cheap *** neoprene cover from Wal-Mart for like $9. I just put it on, so I can't make any recommendations on it yet as I've not had enough time using it. It feels good though and has a non-slip backing that fits snug on the wheel. If you want leather their looks like there are tons of options. Then again, if you want leather on the whole steering wheel including the horn and "spokes", then you'll probably want a whole replacement. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cust...95110
Mikypooo

Post by Mikypooo »

Or check on ebay. I'll get one (from Matrix S) with audio control.. not too expansive..
blazer

Re: Leather Steering Wheel

Post by blazer »

I can confirm a Matrix steering wheel fits right on (at least for the 2003-2008).

I just installed a leather wrapped Matrix wheel from an 05 onto my 03 and it fit no issues, The center Pontiac cap also fit right on.

I wasn't able to find this clearly stated anywhere, so hopefully this helps someone.