Squeaky Driver Seat

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
cthomasparr

Squeaky Driver Seat

Post by cthomasparr »

I am looking at a used car 2005 vibe. that has a squeaky driver seat every time you use the clutch or move around. Has anyone had a similar issue and found the cause, know the fix? The seat doesn't look really worn, so the noise is surprising
vibe-a-licious

Re: Squeaky Driver Seat (cthomasparr)

Post by vibe-a-licious »

my '05 vibe also has that issue, although only occasionally. I have not been able to find the source however. Fortunately, it doesn't occur often.
2005 Vibe AWD
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

03 passenger seat developed this problem this past summer. Problem was just that it was loose. Tightened the bolts to the floor and no more squeak.
vit

Post by vit »

My 2010 GT has a "creek" in the drivers seat. Two trips to dealer and no fix yet...
tpollauf

Re: (vit)

Post by tpollauf »

Isn't that what the radio is for No unusual noises from my 09 GT seats yet (and it's a stick) but I will be removing the seats soon to install "(removed) warmers" and will look over all the integrity and see what possibilities could make any noise.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Careful what activities you participate in while in that seat! Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
GMJAP

Post by GMJAP »

I had that seat squeak for a couple years. At first I thought it was the clutch! I tried to find it one day but didn't have any success. It eventually just went away.I think the seat springs are accessible from underneath the seat, but don't remember for sure. Maybe some WD-40?
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.