Tips for repairing the top of my dual center console?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
LarryKingsShoes

Tips for repairing the top of my dual center console?

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

Greetings,When I bought my Vibe, it had the dual layer center console, which is a great feature. Unfortunately, the top of it was broken off. It will still sit there and open at the hinge, but it easily becomes misaligned or falls off completely. I would love to find a way to get it to stay put, as intended.I've taken the screws off to examine what could be done but I couldn't figure out a solution. Perhaps I overlooked an easy fix?I don't have any pictures to illustrate what is broken about the top, unfortunately, but it looks like part of the plastic has snapped off.If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I may have to look around for a replacement (depending on the price).Best,Justin
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
JLDs2003Vibe

Post by JLDs2003Vibe »

Hi Justin, Sorry I don't have a fix for you but mine is the same as your's. Broken. I'll be interested to see if anyone has an easy fix for you, er, us. LOL I've tried to find a replacement at a local junk yard but. I considered ordering a new one but don't want to pay that much. Good luck and have a great night! Joe
Stock, for now, 2003 Vibe.Joe
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Post some pics so we can see the damage.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

I'll snap a few pictures tomorrow night and upload them. I should have done it on Tuesday when I was at home but it slipped my mind. It'd be hard to give a suggestion without an actual idea of what's broken; I really wasn't thinking when I posted this thread.Joe, I haven't looked at junkyards but I probably should. I'd love to find a Neptune Vibe to buy the painted cladding off of, as well (assuming that it's possible to swap them out). I also hadn't even looked for a replacement online but I figured it would be pretty costly. As much as I want to fix the issue, I don't want to sink too much money into it. As it sits right now, there isn't that much of a hassle to put up with.Hopefully the creative minds on GenVibe will have some ideas after I get some pictures posted!
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer