Vanity lights and ceiling console

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Persephone

Vanity lights and ceiling console

Post by Persephone »

I have a very base 2003 and was wondering if it's possible to add vanity mirrors with lights and a ceiling console. It would be fine if I had to do some different things to get different mirrors in, but I would REALLY like different mirrors. What years actually have lights on their mirrors? Tell me there are some. o.O I asked about the mirrors earlier, but I guess no one looked or knew! I don't care if they fit anymore. I'll make them. lol
My lovely Gambit.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

in the 03's, if you got a sunroof, the front interior light is in the sunroof control. If you didn't get a sunroof, then the front interior lights were in the bottom of the rear view mirror. It's possile to get a lighted mirror from one of many places for any number of different cars, and put it in a Vibe and wire it up to get power from the sunroof controls, if you are so inclined. I have a lighted corolla mirror in my sunnroofed 03. Some folks here have put in autodimming mirrors with compass and lights in their Vibes.
CAMOGIRL

Re: Vanity lights and ceiling console (Persephone)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Vanity mirrors as in the sun visors?
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

My loaded '09 GT doesn't even have vanity lights in the mirrors.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Yes, sun visors with mirrors and lights.
My lovely Gambit.
CAMOGIRL

Re: (Persephone)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Mmh, mine has them. Maybe you can find a vibe or matrix that's being parted and swipe and swap?
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Hopefully. it seems like NO ONE has them. How did you get so lucky?! And I really wish I had a compass, too. o_o
My lovely Gambit.
alex_nrv

Post by alex_nrv »

2009-2010 Vibes don't have those lights in the sunvisors.I know, for women, these lights can be useful, but are they really useful?For the compass, it's not a big deal, at many places (Wal-Mart...) you can find a compass with suction cup that you can stick close to the rear-view mirror... or simply get a GPS it you are really driving and exploring a lot! It's a really superb christmas gift to receive, plus, their now really cheap!
Persephone

Re: (alex_nrv)

Post by Persephone »

Pretty usefuuuul. Pretty necessary to me. XD I use them for many things! And I'm just really not satisfied with my factory lighting. It's so superdim up front. Despite those tiny lights on the rearview mirror. That's why I want these things.
My lovely Gambit.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by Persephone »Yes, sun visors with mirrors and lights.I misunderstood your request, thought you meant the mirror lights.
Persephone

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Persephone »

Oh, no worries, Joatmon! That's what I thought you were talking about.
My lovely Gambit.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

If you want bright interior lights, go LED. I did and now seeing in my car at night is never an issue. They're so bright its amazing. In dark parking lots my Vibe has a halo of light around her just from the interior lights.
Persephone

Re: (KITT222)

Post by Persephone »

Do you have pictures of them? I'd like to see!!
My lovely Gambit.
09vGT

Re: (KITT222)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »... In dark parking lots my Vibe has a halo of light around her just from the interior lights. AHHHHHHHHH (Angelic symphony)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Unfortunately no, but I think I'll give it a try tomorrow with a good camera.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Yes, pleeeease!
My lovely Gambit.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Ask and you shall recieve...I now know how to take good night shots of light with my digital camera!
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

How about the inside story?!
My lovely Gambit.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Still pretty darn bright. Back to frontBack seatUp frontMaplight offMaplight onThese are insanely bright. The garage I was parked in had zero light except for the interior lights, and even with just those lights on, plus my car blocking a portion of the light, it still manages to do a pretty good job lighting it up. The light shining on the wall in the first picture from the outside was from the Vibe, and was even shining on the opposite wall of the 3-car garage we have.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

That's sooo nice!! I think it's about time you typed up a tutorial. XD
My lovely Gambit.
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

Yes, please do that. That looks tight! I'd love to do that with my interior lights. Mine aren't dim enough to be a problem but dang, after seeing that it's hard not to want to swap them out for LEDs.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
KITT222

Re: (LarryKingsShoes)

Post by KITT222 »

It really isn't too hard, but I guess I could give it a shot.EDIT: new LED interior lights purchased for tutorial. I will use my friend's Vibe as the guinea pig, since he has the in-mirror lights, and I'll show the sunroof one on mine. Not too much of a hassle. Plus he deserves it.
LarryKingsShoes

Awesome, thanks man. That's cool of you to treat your friend with those. I look forward to seeing your guide!Is there a certain kind of LED I should look for if I want to do the dome light? I might order what I need so I have the stuff ready to go right away.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

What I'll be using is the generic ebay "interior led lights." The 12 SMD plates with adapters are what I'm going to be using. I bought the ones I got for a higher price than they're probably worth. This time I got three for about $5 from China. Here's the link to what I have in my car:http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-PIEC...4df42... aaand what I'll be using for the tutorial:http://www.ebay.com/itm/130588...l2649Basically the same exact thing. Just different connectors. I trust the connectors from the second one more than I trust the ones I got, just as far as handling and durability go.
LarryKingsShoes

Cool, thanks for the links. Those adapters make this seem much easier. I was unaware of such a thing even existing. Good find! I just ordered a few to have around, since they're on sale.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.
My lovely Gambit.
MrHatchWagon

Re: Vanity lights and ceiling console

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Just ordered two of those LED dome lights, thanks for the link! They were on sale too :D
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
Kapral83

Re: Vanity lights and ceiling console

Post by Kapral83 »

I too remade light of salon
Attachments
Фото031.jpg
Фото031.jpg (153.4 KiB) Viewed 3284 times
Фото029.jpg
Фото029.jpg (149.23 KiB) Viewed 3284 times
Фото027.jpg