Painting Instrument Panel

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
rsaxman

Painting Instrument Panel

Post by rsaxman »

A while back I came across a post where someone removed the chrome trim around their instrument panel and painted it. I can't seem to find that thread anymore. Anyone remember this post? Anyone have beta on the subject?Thanks
Serj22

Re: Painting Instrument Panel (rsaxman)

Post by Serj22 »

Grab the gauge bezels and pull. The whole ring assembly will come of. Flip it over and you'll se chrome tabs holding tge trim on. Pop them free with a flathead and tge trim comes off. Sand it down till its white. Then paint it flat white to keep a universal color. Use 220 after to smooth out tge paint. Lay down a few coats of your color. When ots dry wer sand with 400. Clean of and lay down one nice even clear coat. Use #000 steel wool to clean thew clear cost and remove aby bubbles. Polish and wax. Then put it back on the trim.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
rsaxman

Re: Painting Instrument Panel (Serj22)

Post by rsaxman »

Am I to understand correctly that I can just yank the whole thing off?
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Serj22

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by Serj22 »

I went to town on my interior. I changed all the silver to red, and left the chrome.And yes, grab the three circles and just pull with the wheel tilt as far down as it will go. It will pop off easily.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
Lew

Re: Painting Instrument Panel

Post by Lew »

my steering wheel does not look like this.:P