Does anybody have a dashboard cover on their vibe?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
lowincash

Does anybody have a dashboard cover on their vibe?

Post by lowincash »

Something like those carpeted or suede ones. I'm kind of thinking of getting one so it can sort of reduce the glare on the windshield and keep the dash from getting too hot which hopefully should keep the car cooler when driving. Do you think it might look ghetto or tacky?Suede oneshttp://www.autoanything.com/da....aspxCarpeted oneshttp://www.autoanything.com/da...cover
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I always think they kinda look tacky. But if I had to choose, I would probably get a suede one.
lowincash

Re: (09vGT)

Post by lowincash »

yeah the suede one looks smoother but I don't know, probably won't get it and just deal with the heat lol
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Definitely wouldn't put that in my car, but I would also pick suede if I had to.
Guitarheroal

Post by Guitarheroal »

I have one on my car. it helps a lot with glare and heat, esp since i live in phoenix, az. No passenger has told me it looked tacky or anything and I personally dont think it looks terrible, not great, but not terrible. I can take pictures later today after work.
lowincash

Re: (Guitarheroal)

Post by lowincash »

Would be great if you can take a pic of it just so I can get a better idea of how it looks Is yours the carpeted one or suede?
Guitarheroal

Post by Guitarheroal »

i got a black carpeted one. I will try to get a pic up tonight
Guitarheroal

Post by Guitarheroal »

sry got home really late and only have night pictures:
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Thanks for the pics, they're actually not too bad. I think black would be best but we'll see. Just makes the car a bit more comfy feeling I think lol It's like after I put a carpet mat in my cargo area it felt a lot more comfortable for some reason haha
808 Vibes

Re: Does anybody have a dashboard cover on their vibe? (lowincash)

Post by 808 Vibes »

"ghetto" is having a cracked dashboard.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
lowincash

Re: Does anybody have a dashboard cover on their vibe? (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by lowincash »

true that lol I think they're only $35-$45 so it's not too bad to try
808 Vibes

Re: Does anybody have a dashboard cover on their vibe? (lowincash)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Cheaper for you! I think I have pics on my thumb drive, but am just too lazy to go log in and look for them heheee it would be easier just to take new ones so you can see the dark gray I got. Mine doesn't lay flat nicely like Al's because I don't have enough stickybacked velcro tape on it LOL. My 14 year old Grand Am still had a pristine dashboard when I had to part with her *dabs away tear* and I believe it's because I had it covered. 14 year old Bonny, same thing. All our Pontiacs have had dashcovers, and we've never had a cracked dash.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
jkm311

Re: Does anybody have a dashboard cover on their vibe? (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by jkm311 »

I'm fighting the good dashboard fight by using Meguiar's Natural Shine every few months to keep it supple, and always... and I mean al-ways using my sun visor when I'm parked/standing somewhere when it's sunny out. Even in the winter.
Steelies to the rescue.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

I was thinking, it's the sun's harsh UV rays that damages the dash, but since my windshield's tinted and blocking out 99.9% UV rays I might not really need it to protect the dash, just use it to keep the dash from heating up causing interior to get hot hmmm
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I don't think it would help the heat - the suede cover would absorb the heat.I am surprised glare is a problem, I've never noticed in mine.When I can't park in the shade, I use a reflective screen.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
morbay

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »I am surprised glare is a problem, I've never noticed in mine..Me either, I don't know about the other years but the 2009 has that rough texture that is a bear to clean, it does not appear to reflect anything
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

It looks a lot better than I thought it would. I don't plan on keeping my Vibe all that long, so a cracking dash isn't something I see happening in the next two years OR I might think about one myself!