Mount for iPhone

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
lovemyraffe

Mount for iPhone

Post by lovemyraffe »

I need a new mount for my iPhone. I'm not particularly fond of mounting it on my windshield. Any suggestions and pictures?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Crabbycrab

Re: Mount for iPhone (lovemyraffe)

Post by Crabbycrab »

Suggestions? I would suggest an Android phone... JK!!I'm a big fan of Ram Mounts, and they're about to release something called the X-Grip. It will hold several types of phones, even with various types of cases.http://www.ram-mount.com/NewPr....aspxModular mounting options available. That's why I love Ram.*edit - updated the link above*edit - added photos belowSo I know you said that you weren't fond of windshield mounts, but just for the record, the Ram suction cup mount allows for a fairly low profile situation. I've got mine holding my Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, and it's unobtrusive, not like having a small TV mounted in the center of the windshield with wires running everywhere, like I've seen in some cars on the road.This is what mine looks like:That flash catches every spec of dirt, I swear my Vibe doesn't look that dirty in person.
New and improved (png) signature.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Check out proclipusa.comSpecifically This itemyou would also need to choose a mount for your phone seperately.
2004 Vibe GT. A few mods
BadBrew

Post by BadBrew »

Everything you need is here:MountGuys Very fast shipping btw
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

I recently came across a very easy DIY cell phone/iPod mount on the internet. All you need is a 2'' binder clip (those black clips you can use to keep stacks of paper together), some rubber bands, and electrical tape. It clips into one of your vents, and seeing as our vents rotate 360 degrees, you can use your phone horizontally or vertically.Link: http://lifehacker.com/5747897/...pliesI changed it up a little bit and added black hockey tape around the sharp edges, to make sure it wouldn't scratch anything. Mine has really good grip, for either my LG Optimus or my iPod classic. Took me about 15 minutes to make, and didn't cost a dime Here's a picture of mine:
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod