Does anyone have Husky Liners floor and/or cargo liners in their 09-10?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
vibenvy

Does anyone have Husky Liners floor and/or cargo liners in their 09-10?

Post by vibenvy »

Since I have never heard anything back from WeatherTech about whether they would make a cargo liner that would be compatible with the factory subwoofer on the 09-10 Vibes, I decided to check out Husky Liners' website. Their floor liners are significantly cheaper than WeatherTech's (especially if you get them on eBay) and they have a cargo liner that they claim will work with the factory subwoofer. Before I order the floor and cargo liners, I was wondering if anyone has the Husky Liners floor and/or cargo liners in their 09-10 Vibe? If so, please post pictures since their website only shows default pictures. If possible I would really like to see what the actual Vibe/Matrix specific liners look like installed. Thanks in advance.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibenvy

Re: Does anyone have Husky Liners floor and/or cargo liners in their 09-10? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by vibenvy »

After searching and searching and searching for actual pictures of the 09-10 Vibe Husky Liners floor and cargo liners and coming up empty handed, I finally contacted the company. They emailed me 7 pictures of the liners actually installed in an 09-10 Vibe. I just thought I would go ahead and post the pictures here for anyone else who may be wondering what exactly they look like.Driver's side WeatherBeater floor liner:Passenger side WeatherBeater floor liner:Rear WeatherBeater floor liner:WeatherBeater cargo liner (shown in a 03-08 Vibe, but the shape is supposed to be very similar):
star_deceiver

Re: Does anyone have Husky Liners floor and/or cargo liners in their 09-10? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I can just see my left foot dragging this thing around every time I press the clutch... but for non-clutchers.... do they come in a darker, less ugly colour???
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Why are they tan? I could even see gray, but TAN? The fit doesn't look quite perfect, even in the cargo area.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Had a full set on my 2008 Pontiac Vibe, they were GREAT!I miss them and miss my 2008 Vibe...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

im pretty sure they used the tan is to help show the contrast between the mat and carpet as well as to see the lines and shadows better. notice the "somewhat tan" color of the cargo bay versus the grey cargo mat...ive seen this trick in marketing many times before. they are trying to show fitment and form.
http://
vibenvy

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »do they come in a darker, less ugly colour???They are available in black, gray and tan.Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Why are they tan? I could even see gray, but TAN? The fit doesn't look quite perfect, even in the cargo area.Yeah, the tan is ugly, but like DressedInBlack said, I'm sure they used tan because it makes everything easier to see against the black carpet.I'm not too concerned about the fitment, I am just looking for something that will be easy to clean and will clean up nice. The GM rubber mats I have are hard to keep nice looking because of all the little nooks and crannies.Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Had a full set on my 2008 Pontiac Vibe, they were GREAT!I'm excited after seeing the pictures. I can't wait 'til I have the money to order them .Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »im pretty sure they used the tan is to help show the contrast between the mat and carpet as well as to see the lines and shadows better. notice the "somewhat tan" color of the cargo bay versus the grey cargo mat...ive seen this trick in marketing many times before. they are trying to show fitment and form.That's exactly what I was thinking !
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

hope I don't dampen your spirits but they look like dish drainers to me.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
jake75

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »hope I don't dampen your spirits but they look like dish drainers to me.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

though they will look better in black
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
eblend

Post by eblend »

Does anyone know the difference between the AWD vs the FWD version of the 09 vibe? I assume it is the groove on the back that is bigger? Weathertech makes a full package for the FWD version, but not for the AWD. I want the whole set, but I guess the FWD version will not work with the AWD on the back. Can anyone confirm? Husky liners seem to be two separate mats for the back, so why do they still show it as not compatible with the AWD version?
vibenvy

Re: (eblend)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by eblend »Husky liners seem to be two separate mats for the back, so why do they still show it as not compatible with the AWD version?The Husky rear floor liner is one piece so that's why they show it as being incompatible with the AWD. I have no idea what the difference would be between FWD and AWD.
vibenvy

Re: Does anyone have Husky Liners floor and/or cargo liners

Post by vibenvy »

I finally ordered the Husky Liners WeatherBeater floor (#98531) and cargo (#25021) liners. They arrived today and I couldn't be happier with them. They fit great and don't seem like they will be moving around at all. They are lightweight and yet still feel very durable. They will definitely be so much easier to clean than the GM rubber mats.

The cargo liner will fit with or without a subwoofer. If you do have a subwoofer, you simply use a utility knife to cut a small section off on the rear right corner. There is a line you follow to cut it off and they also send a paper with a picture showing you where to cut and explaining exactly how to do it, etc.

I got both the floor and cargo liners on eBay from trends-auto. I ended up getting both for a total of $212.50 ($118.90 for the floor liners & $93.60 for the cargo liner) with free shipping.
Last edited by vibenvy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gimmegimme

Post by gimmegimme »

I got these before winter and have been impressed. The bottom is a layer of caked on salt but the raised edges keep it contained. With the old GM mats, it definitely would have spilled over onto the carpet (which it had in previous winters).

I see that you have the same problem with the left side of the driver's mat curving away from the edge. Not sure if this is the way it was designed or if it has something to do with that recall where they modified the floor. There's no support under that spot on the left, so when you step on it, it bends. :(

I also cut out the slot for the gas door lever.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

gimmegimme wrote:I got these before winter and have been impressed. The bottom is a layer of caked on salt but the raised edges keep it contained. With the old GM mats, it definitely would have spilled over onto the carpet (which it had in previous winters).

I see that you have the same problem with the left side of the driver's mat curving away from the edge. Not sure if this is the way it was designed or if it has something to do with that recall where they modified the floor. There's no support under that spot on the left, so when you step on it, it bends. :(

I also cut out the slot for the gas door lever.
Glad to hear you have been happy with them. I was going back and forth for a while on whether to get them or not, but finally decided to at least give them a try. I am very happy with the fit and all.

The part sticking out a little on the driver's side liner is already bugging me, but I am thinking I will pull it out this weekend and set a paint can on it in front of the furnace in the garage for a while. I am hoping the heat and the weight of the paint can will help it to sit more flush against the carpet in that area.

I actually like that it covers the fuel door release because that is a spot where cr@p always accumulates, so the area under there should stay nice and clean now that it's covered :D!
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I like the rear one-piece liner - that won't shift around one bit (like mine do).