Pics of My "Mods" (640 X 480 pictures)

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
johnsoax

Pics of My "Mods" (640 X 480 pictures)

Post by johnsoax »

I havn't posted any pictures of my vibe. So here is a picture of my trunk with my indoor/outdoor carpet covering, and my collapsible tote box. To follow in the next posts are pictures of under the rear deck and how I put the included ash tray to work (since I don't smoke)

Attached files
Stereo Mod - Cargo carpet - Phone on ash tray. - Hidden HitchProjects: Fix CELMileage - 50050 - 31.41 MPG Ave
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (johnsoax)

Post by johnsoax »

Here is without the rear cover

Attached files
Stereo Mod - Cargo carpet - Phone on ash tray. - Hidden HitchProjects: Fix CELMileage - 50050 - 31.41 MPG Ave
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

Here is the tote set up. I use the bungie cords to hold it down.

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

Here is the back, with the tote removed, so that you can just see the carpet. I cut slits out so that I could continue to use the tie downs.

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

Here is a view of all the gear in the compartments under the rear floor.There's an air compressor, clean rags (which also cushion the compressor), a blanket (the red thing), a screwdriver tucked into the end of the blanket, a tire pressure gage, gloves, about 30 bungie cords (under the gloves), jumper cables, and the tie-down straps.Sorry about all of the posts. I would rather put all of these in one. Maybe a moderator can help me out?

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

And here is how I used the ash tray

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

With the phone closed

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

And finally, here it is with the phone open. This is the first forum that I have ever used that was by zeroforum. Is there a way for my pictures to show up in the post without me hosting them anywhere? My web host doesn't allow remote linking of pictures. Figured it out.

Attached files
Vibe Rater

Post by Vibe Rater »

Nicely done. Why all the bungie cords (30)?
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (Vibe Rater)

Post by johnsoax »

It was a container on clearance for like $5. There are all different lengths and thicknesses(4-5 of each). It was just as easy to store them in the car as it is to store them in the garage.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Dude, is that astro-turf? That's pretty cool!Can you take some closeups of the different sections of your under-floor tray and how you have it all organized? I'm very intrigued...Great job with the Nextel gadget! Very impressive!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (ragingfish)

Post by johnsoax »

quote:Dude, is that astro-turf? That's pretty cool!Can you take some closeups of the different sections of your under-floor tray and how you have it all organized? I'm very intrigued...Great job with the Nextel gadget! Very impressive!Not exactly. It is indoor/outdoor carpet. Kind of like you would put on a patio. I will take some closeups of the compartments tonight and post them tomorrow morning.Thanks, I like the phone there, and it does work great for speaker phone.
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (silverawd26)

Post by johnsoax »

quote:Love the way you have the cell phone mounted...Safe for speaker phone mode. Also.. That container is great. I like it there too. The only time it is a pain is when the wife and I both have drinks. Then the cell phone goes in one of the rear cup holders.
macrosonic

Post by macrosonic »

cool setup. Where did you buy that collapsible box? I don't think I've ever seen one like that.
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (macrosonic)

Post by johnsoax »

I bought it at Walmart of all places. I think that Meijers carries it also.
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

quote:The only time it is a pain is when the wife and I both have drinks. Then the cell phone goes in one of the rear cup holders.And this is where the cell phone goes when we both have drinks.

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

quote:Dude, is that astro-turf? That's pretty cool!Can you take some closeups of the different sections of your under-floor tray and how you have it all organized? I'm very intrigued...Great job with the Nextel gadget! Very impressive!Here you goThis is a picture of the left side. There are a set of jumper cables and the stock spare tire tie downs still in their bag.

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

Here is a picture of the middle. Here there is a bunch of clean rags and an air compressor.

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

This is a picture of the right side.The big red tube is a blanket. The black disk tucked under the blanket strap is a tire pressure gage. The blue and yellow thing sticking out of the blanket is a collapsable screwdriver. Also there are the bungie cords and the gloves.

Attached files
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

quote:Dude, is that astro-turf? That's pretty cool!Here is a macro shot of the carpet.

Attached files
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (Salsa!)

Post by johnsoax »

I did for a while, but it made noise. I am going to wait to see if I put anything else under there and then if I need to I will remove the box.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Thanks for the pics, that's well organized!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Now that is a good way to use your ashtray.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by johnsoax »And here is how I used the ash tray johnsoax, did you just use one of those adhesive mounting posts and stick it to the lid of the ashtray, or was it something more complicated than that? TIA!
keely dunn
savedbyzero

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (Keely)

Post by savedbyzero »

Is that a portable putting green? J/K! Good job!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
Psychobroker

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (savedbyzero)

Post by Psychobroker »

(removed) saved. nice, clean, and USEFUL setup johnsoax! I use my ashtray for change lol.
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (Psychobroker)

Post by johnsoax »

Quote, originally posted by Psychobroker »I use my ashtray for change lol.I use mine for change too.I don't have the nextel holder on it anymore, I have a generic one for my Sony-Erricson T610
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (Keely)

Post by johnsoax »

Quote, originally posted by Keely »johnsoax, did you just use one of those adhesive mounting posts and stick it to the lid of the ashtray, or was it something more complicated than that? TIA! Keely,I just used some 3M double sided tape (it is sold in a package of 1" squares). Two and a half squares covered most of the bottom of the nextel holder.Found the package, It is called 3M Scotch Mounting Squares. It has part number 311 on the package.
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by johnsoax »...Found the package, It is called 3M Scotch Mounting Squares. It has part number 311 on the package.Thanks johnsoax, much appreciated!
keely dunn
ycart1201

Post by ycart1201 »

looks like you are well prepared! Nathanycart1201
Click on the sig to shop for custom Vibe/Matrix decals & Parts on my website
johnsoax

Re: Pics of My "Mods" (ycart1201)

Post by johnsoax »

Test

Attached files
mcgusto82

Re: Pics of My "Mods"

Post by mcgusto82 »

you are ready for the winter man!!!i have the same tjhings in the back of my car. different places though.i should take some pictures too.
mixer

Post by mixer »

Excellent use of the ashtray. My Vibe came with one too. When I test drove the car they told me the previous owner was a smoker. I told them I wasn't interested in it then even though it was the only silver one they had. As I started walking back to my VW Passat the salesman ran over and said he would lower the price and send it to a detailer. Of course I asked him how much lower. The dealership knocked off $700.00 and had a total detail, inside and out. When I picked the car up you couldn't even tell anyone had ever smoked in it. I still have the ashtray though somewhere, LOL they put it in a ziplock bag and said I could probably sell it on Ebay.
04 Vibe "SS" (Pontiac Dealer/Owner project),"SS"/TRD GraphicsTRD Tuned by Toyota (Dealership)Vibrant Strutbar,Polished Stainless Muffler Spectre Modular CAI- Body ColorBody Color Engine Cover w/Grafxwerks reflective overlayStellar Alarm System, Sony Xplod "GIGA PANEL" Blacked Out Z-24 15" rims w/ Goodyear Triple Tread Assurance
joshman

Post by joshman »

Very nice work in the back. I like the organization!