Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
A Psycho Martyr

Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Ok I had talked bout this before, now I'm trying to do it. Here's what I have accomplished so far...Pop the dashboard panel out (pull out on the bottom and then down on the whole thing)Unplug your Seatbelt LightPull it out of the panel by pring up around the clip part (bottom looks the same)Here it is outPry up right here and the front peels off Here is what comes off Here she is with the front offAs you can see, it's just red see-thru where the words are, and black everywhere elseAll lit up with the front removedSo I made a new cover out of a cd case and used a dremmel to get it exactHere it is inNow I just need ideas for what to use to make the window for my cutout and what to put in it. I was thinking maybe a vibe emblem?Here's what I have left, and an example from mine and audiovibe's dash:
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Get someone that does vinyl to make a Psycho Martyr cutout to go on the lens. I think that's what I'm going to do now that I see this. The only think I think will be a problem, or just something to deal with, is that at least the 06 (I'm guessing 05-08) has a flashin bulb behind the seatbelt sign. Time to figure something out. That's why it's called a mod
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
bull77

Post by bull77 »

lol - spy vs. spy I vote for "Turbo ON"
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Wolfman213)

Well the bulb inside mine flashes when the seatbelt is undone (I had to push down on the passenger seat to get it to blink bc I was by myself.lol)but I don't know how to put vids in my thread. And the only concern I have with the vinyl cutout thing (which is a GREAT idea btw ) is that the bulb in there is white so it won't go with the stock red color scheme. Ideas?
scherry2

Re: (bull77)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »lol - spy vs. spy airbrushed too! lol
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

If you go with a black vinyl, and then cut out whatever, hopefuly you won't be able to see in there. Then get an LED that will shine to the side instead of the top and maybe that could work?
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Wolfman213)

it's been a while since i've seen these, but on my first ride I remember gettin this translucent blue silicon sleeve to go over my dome light bulb that made it emit blue light. Maybe I could find one small enough to use here in red.lol Prob not tho. Google here I come!EDIT: Maybe this guy here? --> http://www.summitracing.com/pa...pe=10
tribalman

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by tribalman »

well, to keep the color red you can either get a piece of red translucent or smoked perspex and then use a spray to black out what you don't want to after you've blocked out the design.the way i would do it is buy a piece of smoked red perspex and then on the inside etch out the design or text. it's a cool effect. an example of how to do it is here. http://www.bit-tech.net/moddin...101/4 of course.... i can normally find pages and pages of pictures of computer case etches but now i can't find the one i'm looking for to show you a better example of how it'll look....
None. Vibe is gone.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (tribalman)

ah nice. know a good site to get red perspex?.lol Thanks for helpin out 8)
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

___________PASSENGER___EJECT___Put a bright LED or a brighter bulb in there to make it quite noticable to your unassuming passenger.....
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Maybe vinyl for the black and Rubylith film for the red. Rubylith is used to mask off areas in the graphic arts/print industry. Also apparently used on camera lenses. Here is a random link:http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=3005It will be hard to get vinyl cut at that size with good detail (or at least very tough to weed out the tiny pieces in between the letters). It all depends on how many letters you use. "Vibe" might be doable, but not as funny as "passenger eject". You don't happen to know a good offset printer do you?
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod (Blanco_Diablo)

Thanks for the link blanco! And there are actually several vinyl shops around town. Four off the top of my head at least. So hopefully I'll find me somethin. If it's not too much to get it done four or five times since it's pretty small I'll send em out to fellow genvibers 8) who knows? And that sheet was $10 for 15"x20" so I could definitely part with some 8) I'll hook you guys up
tribalman

Re: Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by tribalman »

depending on the text i may want one. i kind of like:Ejector:Primed
None. Vibe is gone.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod (tribalman)

Okay, i figured out what I'm gonna use to make the light red....ready for it? AUTO LENS REPAIR TAPE!!! -->http://shop.advanceautoparts.c...g.jpgI was lurking in the automotive section and saw it and it just slicked.lol. Why did we not think of this before?!Anyways, we're one step closer to having modded "Passenger Seatbelt Lights"
epcIII

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »___________PASSENGER___EJECT___Ha awesome! and...Quote, originally posted by tribalman »___________Ejector:Primed ...awesome.Great idea psycho m.--might want to do this myself.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (epcIII)

When I get the finished product I'll have SO much material left over, so I think I'm gonna meke a few extra and have some sort of giveaway. Not sure on the details yet.
A Psycho Martyr

hehe....you guys like em?I'll count how many i have left and I'll give em out first come first serve! They look great! Only con we noticed is if you have a passenger airbag on/off light instead of JUST passenger seatbelt like mine, your WHOLE thing won't light up like mine does.Still looks good tho. Pics up soon !
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Viber who lives too far from Indy... patiently awaiting pics
star_deceiver

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Viber who lives too far from Indy... patiently awaiting pics I'll second that!!!
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

i took mine out...wired a resistor into a blue led and put it in using the stock mount thingy. then instead of cutting a new piece of plastic out i used rubbing alcohol and the black and red of the passenger lettering and surround came right off. then i proceeded to print out a sticker with a white background and blue lettering (baby blue) and stuck it on the clear plastic and cut the extra off with an knife. pretty simple really. and looks way cool. ill post pics soon.
Baby Blue
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

yeah let's see it. And also if anyone (1st Gen) wants one of mine i'm giving them away.First come first served (still have to count how many I have left)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I was one of the lucky ones that got one of these at the meet and we did the installs there. I was #2 for instal behind HouseOfBugs.Here is a pic of this SWEET mod.Thanks again Brandon!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
star_deceiver

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Sweet!!! What do your passengers think???
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Haha..nice!
lovemyraffe

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I love it but I don't think my wife would approve.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

He had ones that said "Vibe" and "GenVibe" as well, they were pretty awesome... I just wish they were compatible with my '09!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibedrivermatt

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

haha great! thats classic.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I'd want one that said:"Thunderbirds Are Go!"but I don't think it would fit.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

These look fantastic!
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Bastranz)

thanks. I still have some if you want one.I heard from houseofbugs that his actually warped. Not sure why, but mine has been fine for about a year now. Mine doesn't have an airbag light in it tho, hid does, so maybe that caused it.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (ponta2147)

don't let that keep you from trying this tho. You can easily go back to stock if you want to.
Blanco_Diablo

Re:

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Anyone have pics of this mod in an '05 + vibe?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

How did you attach it to the seatbelt warning light? Just superglue it?
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (KITT222)

You Just pop your old one out and put this one in it's place. Mine's not glued and has been fine for almost a year
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Passenger Seatbelt Light Mod

Bumping this for all the newbs that missed out when I made these last.
Post up and tell me what you'd like them to say
(pretty small space, keep that in mind)
I guess I need to hassle my brother to give me back my Dremmel :x
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I would love to see (Sit down/Shut up) :D
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

This is what I did with mine. I found a red LED, and put it in the housing so it lights up with my parking lights, but still flashes if there is no seatbelt buckled and a passenger (or bag) is in the passenger seat.

silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Man I've really been wanting one of these since you first made them, any chance you have a vibe one left?
A Psycho Martyr

Actually I don't have any right now. I'll have to carve some up.
I just need to know how many I need to do (and I'll do some extras in case)
Then we can talk about what they should say.

And I did em free last time, but this time I'm thinkin $1 (paypal)
That would cover the cost of the few supplies I need, stamps, and the vinyl work

That sound fair?
lance1472

Post by lance1472 »

ill definitely take a Passenger Eject one.. maybe 2, so I can have a spare in case of melting like i saw on FB lol
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Be careful with that dollar through Paypal. The Minn. Autocross Council tried that for reserving numbers, and Paypal thought they were running an illegal gambling operation. So I had to send cash to reserve my number.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I'd like one. I'll just have to figure out what I want. Lol
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Sounds good to me. I think this is one of the cooler things I've seen on this site. Nice job
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Well if we are sending by mail then I am sending 100 penny’s....J/K
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zvibe2004

Post by Zvibe2004 »

could someone make one that says "genvibe" for me?? i cant keep my hands steady enough to cut out the letters. if you could please? i really want one, i can part with a dollar for this for sure
2004 Base Vibe, 134,000 on the clock and still tickin'
born automatic, NOT ANYMORE!!! it's a 6 speed now!! :D
its gonna be a mean vibe someday, to about the tune of 350-400 whp ;)
A Psycho Martyr

Hey man, they're super easy to make, but i didn't cut the letters out myself.
I had a local sign shop do it. I recently got rid of all my last ones.

If you wanna know how I did anything or how to to make one yourself, shoot me an IM or text and I'll help you out.
again....SUPER easy to make
A Psycho Martyr

Ok, so interest has been sparked yet again in the passenger seatbelt light mod.
So now that I'm completely out of the old overlays, I'm needing a list of who wants one and what they want on it.
Keep in mind, it's a small space, so the fewer letters, the more legible it will be.
I think most will just want a Vibe logo. And to anyone else that already has one, I don't mind doing another.

Only thing I ask is that those of you who can, please donate $2 for supplies and postage.
When I get em all made, we'll work out the PayPal details.

So.....who wants one and what do you want on it?