09 vibe sunroof gap?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
lowincash

09 vibe sunroof gap?

Post by lowincash »

not sure if this belongs in interior or exterior =P i've noticed the sunroof has a slight gap on the upper passenger side corner. i noticed this one time when i washed my car i saw water dripping there. i took it to the dealer but they said it's normal and i shouldn't worry about it. i've looked at another vibe in the lot and it also has a slight gap. anyone noticed this? dealer says not to worry since water will be drained out if it gets in. i had put some black electrical tape to sort of fill in the gap but i've taken it out now lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I've never noticed.. Ill check tomorrow and see though.. I have noticed when I open my sunroof there is a line of dirt and what not after the roof drops down and slides back.
lowincash

Re: (09vGT)

Post by lowincash »

i've never noticed it until recently. i guess it should be ok as long as the water is drained away somewhere. i have removed the electrical tape that i used to fill in the gap because it looks ghetto and ugly when i have the sunroof opened lol
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I looked... and couldn't see any gap.. Sorry it took so long to respond.. Maybe I'm not lookin in the right spot though...
epcIII

Re: 09 vibe sunroof gap? (lowincash)

Post by epcIII »

Yeah, it's normal for a little water to drip through the sunroof sides. There are holes in each corner that attach to drainage tubes, so I wouldn't worry about it unless it looks like a waterfall coming in. The only problem I've had with it was when one of the drainage tubes became kinked and the water wouldn't drain, but that was an easy fix.
lowincash

Re: (09vGT)

Post by lowincash »

here's a pic of where i put the tape and where the leak is.i guess it's nothing to worry about since it's drained out somewhere. do all cars with stock sunroof comes with their own drainage system? i've never thought of a leaky sunroof until this car lol
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

this is why i never liked sunroofs..to many problems
epcIII

Re: 09 vibe sunroof gap? (lowincash)

Post by epcIII »

Here's a pic of one of the drainage holes for the sunroof leaks (with some water to boot : And here's an exit for one of the drainage tubes on the back of the car:
lowincash

Re: 09 vibe sunroof gap? (epcIII)

Post by lowincash »

thanks for the pics now i know where it is to make sure that area is clean =D can't find the exit hole in the rear tho, maybe the 09's are different.