Shifter doesn't light

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
thisis200

Shifter doesn't light

Post by thisis200 »

Hey, everyone.I bough an '04 Vibe that I absolutely love. Everything is fine, except the light that illuminates the shift selector (P R N D L) won't come on. I changed a fuse and I've changed the bulb, but still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a wiring thing? Help!
joatmon

Re: Shifter doesn't light (thisis200)

Post by joatmon »

I'd expect the light to work off the same fuse as all the rest of the interior lighting. A number of people have had to replace the bulb, but that seems to have fixed it for them. I guess it could be a wiring problem, but those things usually don't just occur on their own. Could it be a bad new bulb, or perhaps a slightly corroded bulb socket?
lovemyraffe

Re: Shifter doesn't light (joatmon)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Is it an actual light or is it just a strip of plastic that moves with the shifter? I've seen some that just have an indicator strip that moves and sometimes that comes loose.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
cp_stunna_2011

Re: Shifter doesn't light (lovemyraffe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

its a strip of plastic that moves with light underneath it, i replaced mine and had no problems so far....
Baby Blue
dallairl

Re: Shifter doesn't light (thisis200)

Post by dallairl »

Hi thisis200... my light just stopped working, but I haven't done anything about it yet. Is it hard to change the bulb?
cp_stunna_2011

Re: Shifter doesn't light (dallairl)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

no, but it was hard for me to find the bulb for cheap
Baby Blue
ryanhunt

Re: Shifter doesn't light (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by ryanhunt »

Hi there.What was the light bulb part number for the shifter light? I'm trying to replace mine.Thanks!Ryan.