Door Rattleing... 2009

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
GenuineVibe

Door Rattleing... 2009

Post by GenuineVibe »

Hey guys, is there any way to stop my driver door from rattleing when music is playing. I have my bass set like one turn above mid but my door rattles unless i put my hand on the panel, if i turn the bass all the way up it sounds like the doors going to fall off lol. For some reason none of the other doors rattle as bad as the driver door. It never rattled in the beginning so maybe all the opening and closing of the door has shaken the panel loose abit. Any ideas, it is sooooo annoying and there are times when i would like to actually listen to my music.
Silversn95

Post by Silversn95 »

I would just take it in and have it fixed under warranty. It is probably a loose clip or fastener.
2009 Pontiac Vibe - 1.8L 5-speed 1SB Carbon Gray Metallic with 20% tint
shemp

Re: Door Rattleing... 2009 (GenuineVibe)

Post by shemp »

....might be a dumb question, but do you have anything in the door cubby? I have safety glasses in the passenger cubby and they buzz pretty loud when I crank up the Stereo.I don't disagree with Silver's approach, but I've had limited success having BSR (buzz/squeak/rattle) issues resolved at dealerships. Hope you have better luck.
2009 Vibe GT
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

you'll be better off trying to fix it yourself...it's honestly a waste of time to bring it to the dealer to find and fix rattles, they take forever and don't do it on weekends =/anyways i keep my sunglasses in the door's bottle holder area since the sunglass holder on this car is a joke...but yah mine was making sound and i thought it was from my door but it was my sunglasses lol i just put a plastic bag down there to cushion it and it's fine. but if you can't find the source of the rattle or can't fix it yourself then probably take it to the dealer. i've had a couple of rattles in my car that i've managed to find and fix...so good luck to ya
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

Theres nothing in the door panel... i dont keep much in my car lol and i keep my sunglasses in the top of the center console. I was thinking of stuffing some insulation behind the panel to fill the air space. I'm not going to bother with the dealer they never fix the problem.
zoobernaut

Post by zoobernaut »

Same happens with my rear passenger door. After a few times pumping the tunes a few other doors are doing the same. Had the car less then 2 days now.
2009 Vibe - 2.4L 5-speed - Blue Steel1993 Firebird Formula - 5.7L LT1 6-speed
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Easiest and fastest way would be to dampin the door and panel.another alternative would be to localize the rattle. my 04 had a nasty rattle after the doors were deadened and it happened to be the felt strip that cleans the window when rolled up and down at the top of the door pannel. The clips that held it in place were lose. If the door is a two piece plastic it could also be the plastic vibrating aginst plastic. My 04 also had this problem with the pocket vibrating aginst the door panel.To localize the rattle play some music and press on various places on the panel when the rattles go away you found the problem area. Take the door panel off and see what it is vibrating against, and go from there.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style