Rhino Lining or Herculiner in Cargo Area

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Wolfman213

Rhino Lining or Herculiner in Cargo Area

Post by Wolfman213 »

Has anyone put Rhino Lining or Herculiner in the cargo area and on the back of the rear seats? I like to let my dog ride back there be he always slips and slides and I figured that would be a good surface for him. Plus all the additional benfits of not worrying about scratching the surfaces and such. If anyone has done this and can inform me of the +/- of doing this as well as doing it myself, I'd appreciate it!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
kevera

Re: Rhino Lining or Herculiner in Cargo Area (Wolfman213)

Post by kevera »

Joholste did the Rhino lining stuff.He had a few problems with it chipping.I think with good prep,it would work fine.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
zionzr2

Re: Rhino Lining or Herculiner in Cargo Area (kevera)

Post by zionzr2 »

I had the Rhino Lining in my previous car an S-10 Pick-Up!AWESOME STUFF!!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

UPDATE: I have now done all of the cargo area except the backs of the rear seat and the plastic on the rear hatch. Once I have everything installed, I will post some pics and see what you all thing. Right now I think it doesn't look too bad. It's obvious that it's not a professional job, but at the same time still looks decent enough and def practical.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
satur9

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by satur9 »

i did mine with the spray on stuff from autoparts store. just remove pieces and prep and spray. click the link in my sig for pics
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
Wolfman213

Re: Rhino Lining or Herculiner in Cargo Area (Wolfman213)

Post by Wolfman213 »

I finished Herculining the cargo area. This included all lower cargo panels, the backs of the rear seats, and the plastic on the rear hatch. The hardest part of the job was getting the stuff off of my hands!!! I already tested it with my dog riding along with me and he no longer slides all over the place like he did before. Now I'm ready to throw any crap back there!!!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Yeah, never understood WHY they used hard plactic back there... slippery as all get out... lol... I understand it was for "utility" but if you can't keep anything from moving around, that doesn't help much...
markt484

Post by markt484 »

All I have to say is WOW. Just curious, but what do you usually haul in your vibe? I am constantly hauling music equipment, and this seems like a good idea. I don't know if I have the constitution to do this to my car though... Good job though!
06 VibePioneer AVIC-F90BT6.5 Infinity Reference SpeakersInfinity Reference 475A 4-Channel Amp8' Stock replacement Kicker SubK&n Ram Intake
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Thanks! Never really hauling anything in particular, just the randomness that most people haul.
Canker

Post by Canker »

Old thread bumpHow is the Herculining holding up? Thinking about doing the same to mine.Do you happen to remember how much you used?
03 Pontiac Vibe95 Mazda Miata
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

It's holding up well actually. I do have places where it has chipped some but considering that was done 3 years ago on plastic, I'm happy. My prep for it, at the time, I thought was good. Thinking back though, I would have done some things different. I would have found a way to scuff the plastic better, found a better way to revome the dust aside from rinse it off, and then used like a paint prep or something of that nature. I think had I done better prep, I would probably have no chips or peels in it. I used two cans of the Herculiner. I think if I were to do it again, I would use three just to have a thicker coat in some areas. Big thing is to remember to stir them real good from start to finish. I didn't realize that till I was havlf way through the first can :/So considering my first time mistakes, it's turned out real well. I would definitely recommend it as long as you take your time and learn from my mistakes lol.
Canker

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Canker »

When you say two cans do you mean quart cans or gallon cans? I can't imagine it taking 2 gallons. I'm probably going to skip doing the sides and tailgate.
03 Pontiac Vibe95 Mazda Miata
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

lol, yeah def the quart cans.If you aren't doing the sides and tailgate you could probably get by with just one then. It may not hurt to get a second one depending on how many coats you do. I done two coats all around (forgot to mention that I think).