Mud flaps for '08, same as '07?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Burns1210

Mud flaps for '08, same as '07?

Post by Burns1210 »

I'm having trouble finding mud flaps for an '08 Vibe. They all say '03-'06 or '07. Or even '03-'04 and '05-'07.Can I assume that the '08s are the same as the '07s?
2008~Auto~Platinum~Monsoon~Sport Package
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

yes..the '05-'07 would fit the '08 since they're all the same..im not sure if the '03-'04 would fit though but im 90% sure it would since the only thing that changed over the years was the front end and abit of interior
KNINE

Re: Mud flaps for '08, same as '07? (Burns1210)

Post by KNINE »

I think that the monotones are shaped differently from the two tones with the gray cladding.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Burns1210

Re: Mud flaps for '08, same as '07? (K-NINE)

Post by Burns1210 »

Ut oh...I have the monotone paint. I did notice some places have two choices, but they aren't really clear what the difference is or for what body style it's for.
Kamikaze

Re: Mud flaps for '08, same as '07? (Burns1210)

Post by Kamikaze »

I could swear that mono's are the same, just painted cladding... biggest difference after 05 was the side skirt's on the 06-08's... so if it fits a 06 it should also work on the 08... they are the same. no changes.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i was thinking of getting a set for mine..$40 for all four..but since im lowered i'd hate to scrape the crap out of them on speed bumps or anything like that
Boomer Vibe

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by Boomer Vibe »

I just got the GM mudflaps put on when I bought my 08 about a month ago. The GM flaps retail for $80 for the set of 4. There is a part number for the front set and a part number for the rear set (they are not the same). They are the same for the montone and the cladded models. I cant say for the aftermaket flaps, but the GM flaps fit real good and are easy to install. You do have to drill two holes into the plastic fenderskirts on each side of the rear wheel wells, but thats it. It took less than an hour to put all four on.
Burns1210

Re: (Boomer Vibe)

Post by Burns1210 »

Quote, originally posted by Boomer Vibe »I just got the GM mudflaps put on when I bought my 08 about a month ago. The GM flaps retail for $80 for the set of 4. There is a part number for the front set and a part number for the rear set (they are not the same).Where did you get your mud flaps? I'm looking all over the internet and I can't find a front and rear set for an '08. I can find them for '03-'05 but that's it. All I can find for an '08 are the rear flaps.*Crap, nevermind...just noticed you said you had them put on.
Boomer Vibe

Re: (Burns1210)

Post by Boomer Vibe »

I had them put on at the Pontiac dealer when I bought the car. You can check the mud flaps at http://www.gmpartsdepartment.com. The front ones say for the GT only, but they fit my base Vibe fine.
paminmd

Re: (Boomer Vibe)

Post by paminmd »

Hi- I'm new here. Where did you find 4 mud flaps for $40. I lost one of mine today & am going to have to replace them all since the old ones are pretty faded & would never match a new one.thanks!Pam
kevera

Re: (paminmd)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by paminmd »Hi- I'm new here. Where did you find 4 mud flaps for $40. I lost one of mine today & am going to have to replace them all since the old ones are pretty faded & would never match a new one.thanks!PamHe works at a dealership.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Burns1210

Re: (paminmd)

Post by Burns1210 »

If you want to lose all your mud flaps, can you lose them in Parkville so I have a better chance at finding them?
NewViber

Re: Mud flaps for '08

Post by NewViber »

Hello all!

I just bought my first Vibe 2 weeks ago and want to take good care of it but am limited as don't have a job right now.
I went to the local GM dealership and they want $55 per mud flap plus $80 to install. I need to try to get them cheaper online or else just install front ones for now. He suggested I get all 4 - of course. I clicked on the GMpartsdepartment link but couldn't find them there. Can anyone give me the actual product code for the front and the backs?

I tried to attach a jpg of the car but the file is too large.

Thanks much!
Lisa
tpollauf

Re: Mud flaps for '08

Post by tpollauf »

NewViber wrote:Hello all!

I just bought my first Vibe 2 weeks ago and want to take good care of it but am limited as don't have a job right now.
Welcome to GenVibe Lisa. Mud flaps are such a low priority item and with just a couple months of potential winter left, just hold off on that purchase for now. Get employment back in your life and put your $$$ to more important issues first (insurance, maintenance issues, etc.) I assumed that you're somewhere in a northern climate??? Where are you located?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
NewViber

Re: Mud flaps for '08, same as '07?

Post by NewViber »

Hello TPollauf and thank you for your sage advice. Much appreciated!
I thought long and hard on it and I simply cannot afford to spend almost $300 on 4 pieces of rubber. :D
I have ordered some touch-up paint to get the paint chips taken care of before they rust. I see some minor rust I have to work on, too.
The dealer is going to replace the coolant for me as we're not sure if it was ever done at the recommended 5-year mark.
Apparently, these cars can last up to 400K and it only has 187 on it now. Here's hoping!
I live in Toronto, Ontario and we've been having an unusually mild winter this year except for the last 2 days....
Take care and safe driving!
lannvouivre

Re: Mud flaps for '08, same as '07?

Post by lannvouivre »

You could also just get some rally flaps. You'd just have to mark them and drill holes for the OEM holes.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit