Drivers door rattle

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
theodo155

Drivers door rattle

Post by theodo155 »

I have a 03 vibe with 85000 miles. The other day I started noticing a rattle coming from my driver side door. Only happens when the engine is idling. Well today it has gotten worse. Any time you are sitting at a red light the noise is pretty loud. Any one have any thoughts before I pull the door apart?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i bet a clip or somethign fell into the bottom of the door and is rattling.... or a window bolt..if your window does that crazy pop thing
p8md

Re: (northvibe)

Post by p8md »

Ok, my new 2008 (only a month old with only 2000 miles) has a rattle in the passenger side door (i'm pretty sure). When I lower the window a little it goes away. It's driving me nuts!!!Is this something you could take to the dealership under warrantee? Would you take it to the dealership? Does anyone know of a definite remedy that I could do myself?
Sublimewind

Re: (p8md)

Post by Sublimewind »

Pull the door panel and have a look-see...
NibCrom

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by NibCrom »

My door (or the left dash) rattles at idle sometimes too. But it's very inconsistent. Happens sometimes on other parts of the dash too.
hskater26

Re: Drivers door rattle (theodo155)

Post by hskater26 »

my window did that crazy pop when i first got it and i pulled the door off and one of the bolts was lose making it pop up against the window
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Are you sure the rattle is in the door? I had a rattling sun visor in my G6 and for quite a while, I was positive the rattle was coming from either the dash, or the passenger seatbelt. Turns out the acoustics of the passenger cabin made the sound bounce around so much I couldn't pinpoint it until one day when I grabbed the visor to put it down and all of a sudden, I had silence. Point being, the rattle could be somewhere else, but just *sound* like the driver's door.For the person with the 08, yes, squeaks and rattles are covered under the initial 3/36 warranty. if you are out of warranty (or have an extended powertrain warranty), you can either track it down and repair it yourself, or pay to have the dealership attempt to resolve it for you.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
piecuch1

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by piecuch1 »

I also had the pop sound when the window would go down. Tightened the loose bolt on the bottom of the window frame and all is good. Maybe the rattle is from the bolt having fell off and is rolling around in the bottom of the door frame?
2004 Pontiac Vibe GT2006.5 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X42004 Honda Shadow Sabre
hskater26

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by hskater26 »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Are you sure the rattle is in the door? this is true i had a rattle i swore was in my dash or near my seat and i figured out if i press on the screw that holds our overhead light plastic surrounding piece in place it goes away haha...... i havent found a solution for it yet though
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
MaxxVibe

Re: (hskater26)

Post by MaxxVibe »

loosen it up and tuck some paper or a small piece of debris in behind it to give it a buffer between it and whatever its rattling against.
2009 Vibe GT/Factory Bermuda Bay Blue/5 speed shiftable automatic/ two tone leather combo interior/18x7 factory polished wheels/rear spoiler/ Monsoon Premium sound system/ Grafxwerks badging/20% tint all around
kevera

Re: (MaxxVibe)

Post by kevera »

Well I have the opposite of you guys,mine rattles only when it's down.It's been like that since new,and I've got used to it,Toyota= quality.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
p8md

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by p8md »

Does the door panel come off with the typical 1 or 2 screws around the handle and the plastic retaining clips all around?
JohnC

Re: (p8md)

Post by JohnC »

Look here for door panel removal.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24086
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.