Door & Hatch Panel removal??

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
BlueCrush

Door & Hatch Panel removal??

Post by BlueCrush »

I'm looking for a guide or pics for removing the 4 door panels and the hatch panel so I can do stage II of my FatMat installation this weekend. Can anyone hook me up with a link. I thought I saw something on here not too long ago but did a search and can't find it now. Stage I: Floor - Done!Stage II: Doors & Hatch - Looking for info on removal!Stage III: Headliner - Found removal guide!Thanks!!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
GrayFox

Re: Door & Hatch Panel removal?? (BlueCrush)

Post by GrayFox »

I've never taken the door panels off this car but I have on several other makes so the only advice I can give is start prying from the bottom after you get all the screws out. Door panels are pretty easy most of the time so you shouldn't have any problem with it.
kevera

Post by kevera »

For the hatch panel you have to take all the screws out,and then pull,it's then held by those stupid little plastic clips.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Stage II: Doors & Hatch - Looking for info on removal!EDIT: I found the thread here, but I'll leave my steps too. The doors are pretty easy. Each door has two screws, one behind the little cover (use a tiny flat-head screwdriver to flip open) behind the door handle, and one in the hollow handle in the door. In the hollow handle, once the screw is removed, the entire handle assembly itself can be popped-out/up (it looks like a little cup when removed).If you have Moon/Tunes, the tweeter cover also pops off fairly easily and is required to be removed.Once everything is removed, start at the bottom of the door panel and pull it away from the door frame (may require some force). There are about 6-8 push clips that hold it to the frame. The top of the panel just lifts up off the door sill.Last step is to hold the panel after removed to be able to unhook the wire harness from the panel (you don't have much slack). The passenger's door has two harnesses I believe from memory. The harnesses themselves are a little odd, but there is a small clip that you will push in while you pull from the panel.Reassembly is the opposite.Hope that helps!
BlueCrush

Re: Door & Hatch Panel removal?? (NSimkins)

Post by BlueCrush »

That's the one! Thanks, Nick. Thanks ANO & Kev.My only other concern is with people breaking the clips on the hatch panel. I would like to try and avoid that if possible. Is there anything else I should know for the hatch so I can salvage those clips? Thanks!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

If you applly steadily increasing pulling pressure they should release without breaking (i.e. don't snatch it off )[Again, that's just my experience with other cars.]
satur9

Re: Door & Hatch Panel removal?? (ANO_Vibe)

Post by satur9 »

the rear hatch just has clips no screws. i was actually able to walk into my local autozone and pick up replacement clips.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

get one of these: http://www.partsamerica.com/Pr...yCodeOnce you pop the first clip, you can feel your way with fingers and get the tool around each clip. You will still break a couple, so pick up a package of them at Autozone, Parts America or Pep Boys. I don't think I ever took a panel off without breaking at least one.
schroeder

Re: Door & Hatch Panel removal?? (ANO_Vibe)

Post by schroeder »

Crush;Try this linkSome good pics and hintsOOPS Just noticed your post was couple weeks ago.http://matrixowners.com/forums....html