Front Seat Replacement

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
2tone Vibe

Front Seat Replacement

Post by 2tone Vibe »

I'm thinking about replacing my front seats with a more comfortable seat for long trips (I drive a lot). I now have 19,000 miles on my '06 since I bought it last September.It wouldn't have to be a power seat - something with a manually-adusted lumbar would be just fine. Has anybody done this? I would imagine that something out of a Toyota might fit.I don't think I want to spring for Ricaros or anything. I'd rather spend that kind of money on performance modifications.
joatmon

Re: Front Seat Replacement (2tone Vibe)

Post by joatmon »

The only one I remember changing seats was kerrykerrykerry, put in a set of racing seats, but they don't look like what you are looking forhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=26328http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24227
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

My dad also has complained about problems with the seats in his salsa vibe and he was wondering if it would be possible to get a seat from a scion xA (which he says has really nice seats) and put it in the vibe... is this possible?
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

could someone find out if the seats from the celica might fit. i think they are really comfortable seats
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
2tone Vibe

Re: (Raivis)

Post by 2tone Vibe »

Corbeau has a seat with an inflatable lumbar. Uncovered base seat is $219.00. With the lumbar and leather, they will probably get up to 350 -400 each. I'm thinking about buying uncovered seats and getting them finished locally to match the car.Anyone want to buy my stock seats? The car is an '06 and the seats are really clean Alta (Black) leather. Make me an offer for the seats, anyone?
Tubaryan12

Re: (Raivis)

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Quote, originally posted by Raivis »could someone find out if the seats from the celica might fit. i think they are really comfortable seats1986 Celica seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever had the pleasure of sitting on in a car.
ex Vibe: 2005 Abyss 2 tone base, auto, power package (33.24 mpg combined)2008 Kia Rondo EX V6 7 passenger Volcanic Red w/ tan cloth interior (26.7 mpg combined) Finally got 30 mpg combined on the Rondo V-6 (10.24.09) Smith Driving
2tone Vibe

Re: (Tubaryan12)

Post by 2tone Vibe »

Thanks, I might check them out before I take a plunge in uncharted consumer territory. I had heard that before and, being Toyota equipment, they might fit nicely.Nevertheless, my current, top o' the line factory seats would still be for sale if anyone wants leather seats. The funny thing is, I wanted cloth originally anyway, but I had to take delivery on an different package than what I wanted to get a manual transmission.
2tone Vibe

Re: (2tone Vibe)

Post by 2tone Vibe »

I guess I'm taking my seats off the market (at least for now). I found an inflatable lumbar unit at an Aircraft supply house. $40 each. If they work, I'm going to have them sewn in to the existing seats.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I guess the seats in my Subaru really SUCK, cause i thought the Vibe seats were really comfortable.... hmmmm
vibe-04

Post by vibe-04 »

I've done some brief investigation and "possibly" the Toyota Camry (2005) seats might fit. I know the Echo (2000) seats have the same layout exactly but you we losing comfort not gaining I had a problem with leg room and solved it by extending the seats 4" back. Big difference.
2tone Vibe

Re: (vibe-04)

Post by 2tone Vibe »

I have been battling lower back problems for about the last 5 years and I find the seats to be comfortable in most ways, but they provide no lower back support unless the seat is outrageously reclined - and that is not comfortable at all for me.I put 19,000 miles on this car in its first 8 months and that aspect of it is just not working out. Adding some lower support should fix the problem.