Total newb. Interior questions. :)

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
stoavio

Total newb. Interior questions. :)

Post by stoavio »

Hello everyone. After months of shopping around for my first car, I decided to get a 2003 Pontiac Vibe (dark blue). The car is used, and has had 1 previous owner, so there is some *light* scratching around the silver bevel trim stuff around the CD player (what's the correct name for it?) I'm wondering if this is something that can be easily replaced, as I'm assuming it can be, and if so, at what expense? It looks like something that can be popped off and replaced entirely. I'd rather do that then try to cover the scratching. I've seen this particular piece painted different colors so I'm assuming it isn't hard to remove. Where can I buy a new or used one in good shape? Also, the Pontiac logo on the steering wheel shows some scratching. Can that be taken off easily and replaced? For exterior scratching in the paint, should I use wax or touch-up paint to help conceal the minor imperfections? I have absolutely zero mechanical experience so unless the fixes are relatively easy, I'd best not attempt them. I do have a Dad who's much more mechanically inclined than I am, but I'm not looking to make any drastic modifications - I just want to make some simple improvements. If someone could provide some tips and a website were I can get 2003 Vibe parts, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Mason
Raven

Re: Total newb. Interior questions. :) (stoavio)

Post by Raven »

Here's a radio bezel on Ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW For the paint, unless a scratch is very deep, touch-up paint makes it look worse. Wash the car and clay bar it and then wax. There are nice decal overlays available to cover and customize the Pontiac Logo on the wheel. http://grafxwerks.com/
stoavio

Post by stoavio »

Sunny, thank you so much for those links! They're exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know if it's hard to remove the existing radio bezel and install the new one? Can it just be popped off or is the process more involved than that?
NascarXprt

Re: (stoavio)

Post by NascarXprt »

Nope removing the bezel is easy as pie. just go to the bottom of the bezzel and lift out and up then it should come off.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i had my bezel off the car the first day i bought it. then proceeded to paint it by day 2! welcome!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
keithvibe

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »i had my bezel off the car the first day i bought it. then proceeded to paint it by day 2! welcome!Showoff!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
stoavio

Post by stoavio »

You guys rock, thanks ! I was worried it would be tough to fix but it seems this is something even I can manage. Do I have to worry about reconnecting the wires to their respective buttons? Anyone have any idea where I can find a bezel in perfect condition? I'd prefer to buy it new but if someone has a used one they're looking to get rid of and it's in excellent shape, I'd buy that too. Thanks again everyone!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

the wire connections are fool proof... they can only go back to their perspective locations...Not sure what to tell ya where to buy it though
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

stoavio

Post by stoavio »

Thanks Keithvibe. I saw the one on eBay already but was wondering if this is a part that can be ordered from a dealership or manufacturer for possibly less. $25.00 is fine, but they're charging $15.75 for shipping!Regarding the pontiac logo steering wheel inlays offered by grafixwerks -- do I have to peel off the original logo on the steering wheel or does the new inlay simple go on top of that? By the way, I'm ordering the LiquiDome kind.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

with Grafixwerks over lays all you need to do is just clean the surface and put it over the original. no removal nessacery.as for ordering the bezzel from the dealership best to try and get it from toyota (much cheeper, just mention its for the matrix.) or go to GM.
stoavio

Post by stoavio »

@NascarXprt: Thanks for your input. It's best to purchase the radio bezel from a Toyota dealership? I didn't know that. Interesting. So, the radio bezel in the Martrix and Vibe must be identical than, correct? You're positive those no slight variation that would make it not fit correctly in my Vibe? Also, which year Matrix should I be asking for the bezel for? Will a Matrix 03 radio bezel work in my 03 Vibe? What about a Matrix radio bezel from 05? Thanks for the tip!You guys have all been very helpful.
Raven

Post by Raven »

I believe they are all the same for all years. For most parts the Toyota dealer will be cheaper because most of the car is made by Toyota so there is no middleman cost.
dianebrat

Post by dianebrat »

I thought the Matrix had a different bezel around the radio? was it only certain years?http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=27578Diane
last of the '06 AWDslava red monotone, preferred, sport, and side airbags
mcgusto82

Re: (dianebrat)

Post by mcgusto82 »

I do bellieve the 05 + Matrix received an updated TOYOTA radio which is wider than the Vibe's. So i don't think they are identical.
stoavio

Post by stoavio »

Ok, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for Toyota Matrix radio bezels '04 and older and see what I turn up. Thanks!
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I have an '04 radio bezel in very good condition (light wear near AC buttons). Check my IM to you.
stoavio

Post by stoavio »

@ ZubenElGenubi: I've received your IM and have responded. I'm interested. If anyone else has one for sale, please feel free to contact me as well. I will update this thread when I've purchased one. Thanks!
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

yea most matrix radio bezzels will fit.