finish coming off radio buttons

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
emily

finish coming off radio buttons

Post by emily »

I noticed the other day that the black finish is rubbing on the "3" button on the radio, and the up-and-down arrow button too. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to stop the rest of the finish from coming off? Can these buttons be replaced?Thanks.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

The buttons are not replaceable. If you're still under warranty, make your dealer replace the radio ASAP.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
emily

Post by emily »

Unfortunately no longer under warranty. Any idea how to stop the rest of it from coming off?
GrayFox

Re: (emily)

Post by GrayFox »

quit touching the buttons j/kanyway... this was happening to my 01 Sunfire (same radio) with around 70k miles. I just lived with it... since partsguy says there not replaceable there doesn't seem to be a whole lot that can be done besides swapping out the entire head unit...
Vibr8tr

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Vibr8tr »

Try some flat (non glossy) clear Nail pollish, I had a friend that did it, and it worked well. The only time you could really tell was when the sun hit it right, but as long as you get a smooth coat on it, it adds the protection quick and easy. I also suggest that if you do this, you do it to all the buttons, cause they will look a hair different, but if they all look that way, then it looks like that's how they should be.
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
feelin'thevibe

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by feelin'thevibe »

Some of my buttons are doing this also, My plan is to paint the ones in question with some flat black paint an think now I will put some clear over the good ones. Great Idea!
03 Neptune Vibe, base 5speed. ModsSLP ram air hoodTrd shift knobVoltz conversion
Vibr8tr

Re: (feelin'thevibe)

Post by Vibr8tr »

Don't thank me, it wasn't my idea, it was my buddies. Just remember, pick wisely cause most clear polish is made to make things glossy or shiney.... a clear paint would be better, but it's still a risk that it comes out glossy.
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
Whelan

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by Whelan »

Go to a junkyard or go to http://www.car-parts.com and get a OEM radio, then just keep switchin parts over.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
wlp1

Re: finish coming off radio buttons

Post by wlp1 »

This seems to be a common problem, the same quality went into the cd player than apparently went into the painted alloy rims.

My wife's Vibe GT is easily the poorest quality vehicle out of the 12 I've owned since my '78 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham purchased in 1983. I'm happy to say it'll be going down the road as soon as we can find a taker.