Dashmat Installation

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Vibetastic

Dashmat Installation

Post by Vibetastic »

I just purchased a Dashmat for my Vibe. The instructions require that I stick some velcro tape to my dash.I don't want to stick anything to the dash. Is there an alternative to making the dashmat stay in place?
Proud owner of a 2005 Vibe. Moon & TunesAlloy wheelsOnStar Lava with Slate interior
DavidPIL

Re: Dashmat Installation (Vibetastic)

Post by DavidPIL »

Heya...Not sure what they are made of but how about instead of a fastener like velcro, try carpet non-skid spray, Plasti-dip makes this spray for carpets, might work on the underside of your dash mat.Dave
binary

Post by binary »

I'm with David - the non-skid stuff is solid.Kind of ironic that the dash matt manufacture would instruct you to use velcro on your dash... when they're selling you something to protect it. No matter what they say - it'll always leave a mark.
vibrtor

Post by vibrtor »

The small pieces of velcro that came with the dashmat won't harm your dash. You won't be removing it once you install it anyway. If you do choose to remove the mat, the residue from the velcro strips can be removed with a little aerosol brake parts cleaner on a cloth.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i have one and the velcro isn't necessary. after sitting in the heat, the dashmat will form to your dashboard and stay put all by itself.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Vibetastic

Re: Dashmat Installation (drunkenvibe)

Post by Vibetastic »

I don't know if I like the idea of applying brake cleaner to the plastic dash. I think that would do same major damage.
Proud owner of a 2005 Vibe. Moon & TunesAlloy wheelsOnStar Lava with Slate interior
lexicon

Re: Dashmat Installation (Vibetastic)-where did you get the dashmat and...

Post by lexicon »

Is it a true dashmat or copy of one?In your searches, did you see any with a cutout fo the Passenger airbag?Thanks
2005 VibeAutomaticStockNon AWD125 hp model
iinan

Re: Dashmat Installation (Vibetastic)-where did you get the dashmat and... (lexicon)

Post by iinan »

I don't get it why would you want to carpet your dash? it looks tacky imho...
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
lexicon

Re: Dashmat Installation (iinan)

Post by lexicon »

Well,Mainly to keep the heat off of the dash.Mainly to keep the dash from cracking from intense heat if you live in a hot climate. (and yes, a sun shade will work)Seems like Looks are the most important thing to many folksThe function is more important to others.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

A product called "GooGone" works awesome at removing adhesives on all sorts of surfaces...I used it to remove the sticker residue from the dealer logo on the back.
SuperSpeedWagon

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

I just have one question. Dont get all crazy, I just want to know why would you want t a dash mat??? Just curious?
2010 vibe gt
lexicon

Re: Dashmat Installation (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by lexicon »

Uh, see posting above from lexicon.
Vibetastic

Re: Dashmat Installation (lexicon)

Post by Vibetastic »

I think the dash looks great in the nude. The Dashmat is there simply to protect the fragile dash from the sun or from passengers who want to put some scratchy thing on it when I am driving them around.I'm trying to preserve the beauty of my Vibe for as long as possible.BTW, mine has a cutout for the passenger side airbag.
SuperSpeedWagon

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

well I live in the deep south where its hitting high 90's but it hasent done anything I just Armor All it and it stays nice no biggy, but you guys can do what you please lol I prefer not to have it. take it easy peace.
2010 vibe gt