Painted interior pieces today!

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Mrizzle05

Painted interior pieces today!

Post by Mrizzle05 »

heres some pics of my interior. Also did the DRL mod this weekend thanks to CJ from MO.comIll be painting the piece where the mirror adjuster is tomorrow.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Nice, are you wet sanding as well? Thats the same blue as your engine compartment color right?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

looking good.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

what type of paint did you use? I used duplicolors aqritic inamel i think thats how you spell it anyway it comes out shiney and it has a killer look to it. It looks good man keep it up
2010 vibe gt
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

aqritic inamel?? huh?? you mean acrylic enamel? like what kind? when i did mine (long ago) i used krylon fusion (plastikote or something or other). it sucked. scratched super easy. ended up having a body shop do it again, with garnet mica (metallic red) and clear coat. turned out awesome and matched my red leather interior so much better!mike, are you using a clear coat with that? if not, i highly recommend it!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Toasted7

Re: Painted interior pieces today! (Mrizzle05)

Post by Toasted7 »

Looks nice... eventually I'll do something like that with my interior as well.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Mrizzle05

Re: Painted interior pieces today! (Toasted7)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

*it is the same as the engine parts.*its dupli-color "metal-cast" and its the high heat metallic paint. (works wonders! looks clean and shiney)I was too cheap to go buy the other "car matching blue colors" and i just clear coated it like 3 times... cam out smooth.Thanks for the comments too... its a cheap and rather easy task.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
iinan

Post by iinan »

*Whew, thats a little much for my tastes but to each his own..
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
Mrizzle05

Re: Painted interior pieces today! (iinan)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

It actually doesnt look bad in the car.. ill put up a pic in a lil bit... but its looks good to me.But like you said.. to each his own!
iinan

Post by iinan »

yeah good point I am sure it looks better mounted
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Looks good, do mine!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (trdvibe)

This is how my bros car turned out. Not bad for our first time.Sry about the picture quality on the last pic it was a loaner carmera haha
2010 vibe gt
NascarXprt

Re: (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by NascarXprt »

wow now that looks really cool!! SSW now im going to have to get that done to mine mike.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Mrizzle05

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

It looks way better on! and its a easy lil $12-15 project, primer, paint, clear coat.The last one was a nice lil lambo!
ricecooker

Post by ricecooker »

What's with that "Nissan"
ricecooker

Post by ricecooker »

and color is too weird for me. maybe just my age
damronjr

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by damronjr »

So when you coming down to paint mine? How long did it take? Looks like yours came out a lot better than I could do!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Mrizzle05

Re: (damronjr)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

I just cleaned it and primered over the pieces. 2x primer. then i coated the pieces twice with the metalcast paint. then 3 coats or so of clear... then let it set in the sun to dry and set in. i came out really smooth too! there were a few very tiny imperfections... but you cant really tell.If you send them to me i can do it! Just set aside like half a day and do it... includes drying time!
Dans_03Vibe

Post by Dans_03Vibe »

can you do mine?!?! i wanted to blacken out my inside
Current Mods:AEM CAI,Hotchkis Lowering Springs,RK Sport CF Roof Caps(STILL NOT ON CAR),SR Racing SR7 17'Wheels,S2000 Antenna,Goerlich XLERATOR Exhaust,Audiobahn amp(non working) 2 10"subs(siting in garage)Wish List:Ground Effects BodyKit,DC Headers,New Exhaust System,New Amp,Tein Lowering Springs,Fix The Dents,New Paint
damronjr

Re: (Dans_03Vibe)

Post by damronjr »

Looks like we need to have a socal paint party!
xssiv1

Post by xssiv1 »

Looks great! To get the door panel plate did you have to remove the door panel itself?
Mrizzle05

Re: Painted interior pieces today! (xssiv1)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

its just clipped on... so take a flathead and slide it under and "CAREFULLY" pop it out... i only broke one clip... still works fine though. and the dash piece was a PITA to get the a/c buttons out cuz its awkward. but a piece of cake to put back in.Im happy with it overall. and if i sell my car i can always just buy some parts off ebay or a junk yard.
Dans_03Vibe

Post by Dans_03Vibe »

could you blacken out mine?
Current Mods:AEM CAI,Hotchkis Lowering Springs,RK Sport CF Roof Caps(STILL NOT ON CAR),SR Racing SR7 17'Wheels,S2000 Antenna,Goerlich XLERATOR Exhaust,Audiobahn amp(non working) 2 10"subs(siting in garage)Wish List:Ground Effects BodyKit,DC Headers,New Exhaust System,New Amp,Tein Lowering Springs,Fix The Dents,New Paint
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

you would need to get a specific paint youd like... and then i would need some more primer. i have plenty of clear coat.So yeah i could... are you willing to ship pieces or come out here one day for about half a day?
Dans_03Vibe

Post by Dans_03Vibe »

do you know the prices?
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

depending on the paint... like 5.50 max.primer is like 4 bucks.... and i already have clear coat.*I cant garuntee they will come out perfect... just my lil disclaimer. mine look great from far, but i have about one or two spots on mine.
Dans_03Vibe

Post by Dans_03Vibe »

did you sand the parts before doing this?
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

No... i figured it was a test to see if it worked, and, well it looks good.I did have one part blotch when primering... so i had to sand the excess primer. but other than that i didnt.
Dans_03Vibe

Post by Dans_03Vibe »

well ok then im goging to see if i can find someone to help me out around my area then see what happens next
SuperSpeedWagon

Its not hard man just experiment on beat up cars like me lol we painted the interior of a corsica that was laying around on my friends drive way. They used it like ....... well....... never hahaha it worked fine, but now it looks cool lol Its easy steps 1. take off the parts you want painted.2. wash them so that you get off the dirt and any other residue thats on it. but use soap also and make sure you dry them very well.3. you can sand it down or just go right ahead and put primer let it set for a few minutes and spray another coat.4. get paint you chose spray on evenly from side to side or from top to bottom.5. Wet sand it just a little, but evenly around the peice. You can find the light sand paper at your local hard ware store. Or Home depot haha6. respray the color of choice, repeat number 5 as many times you want. I say at least 3 times to get a good look.7. Then spray the clear coat but I didnt use clear coat on my bros car. Just go ahead and try it on an old piece of plastic hope it works out for you my bros came out awesome!! Good Luck
2010 vibe gt
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

looks good Mrzzle.. i moight even think about dong mine... but said to my self the car colorsext - silver ( overlays & stuff)under hood - some blue, some silverint- Carbon fiberhmm i think carbon fiber is hard to paint ... lol... ill just get overlays later