Blown fuse, everything stopped working...

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
BigWill

Blown fuse, everything stopped working...

Post by BigWill »

I just added red lights to two of the interior lights, it looks really good better than I thought it would. The only reason I got red is because of the dash lights, I am really a blue light man. But the red is nice. NEWAYZZZ, When I began to take out the first bulb, I put a screw driver in the pop it out since I couldn't get it out with anything. All of the lights stopped working, and the radio, and the keyless entry. I was like what the HECK? I figured it was a fuse. I just went ahead and put the new bulbs in, and afterwards...just as I thought, it was the fuse. Good thing there are spares provided under the hood in the fuse box, I was OMGoodness!!! I was surprised to see that blowing one little fuse, could cause so many things to stop working.
My Vibe... 5% Smoke Tint;Pioneer DEH 7400MP; 2 Rockerdfos. tweet; one 10" woofer Rockerdfos; (updating now to; Volfenhag ZX-7160 800 Watt 4 Channel Amp, VOLFENHAG ZX-4710 10" Aluminum Cone Woofer-800 Watts)
Vibe

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (BigWill)

Post by Vibe »

Where did you get the red lights.... James
BigWill

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (Vibe)

Post by BigWill »

auto zone...they have all of the color you would ever want. but I think with the Vibe...the red is the best color. Only because of the dash...I can't wait to add them under the seats, and put in my strobe lights. I am going to put the strobe light in where the fog lights are. Do you think it will look good? I am trying to be a little different around here, everyone has them in there headlights area.
My Vibe... 5% Smoke Tint;Pioneer DEH 7400MP; 2 Rockerdfos. tweet; one 10" woofer Rockerdfos; (updating now to; Volfenhag ZX-7160 800 Watt 4 Channel Amp, VOLFENHAG ZX-4710 10" Aluminum Cone Woofer-800 Watts)
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

To prevent another blowed fuse, use a relay
KSNeptune

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by KSNeptune »

Better yet, always unhook the battery before screwing with anything electrical in the car.That said, I never do. Ya can't tell if it's working that way, can ya?KSNeptune.
MrMke

Post by MrMke »

I changed my two interior bulbs with blue ones and it looks pretty cool.I want to replace the map light with a Hyper White one but I can't seem to find one.
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE V6250hp, Tinted Windows, Factory HID's, Bose System
BigWill

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (MrMke)

Post by BigWill »

when you do, please post it...thanks
BigWill

Post by BigWill »

Hey Toast, here you are....When I went looking for red dome lights they didn't have them for our car, so I got the sleeves as well. They look really good. I just added Red Strobe light in the front grill, now that is tight. I knew it would look good, you should try that too. The lights under the seats and dash are just little bulbs. You can go to almost any car stereo place and they will sell and install them for you. The bulbs are only about $15 a pair, and you have to put a toggle switch on them like fog lights. Very easy to hook up. Don't hook them into your dome lights, or your any of your lights...do them seperately. Not hard...hit me back if you need some help. But I am telling man...the red strobe lights in my grill are off the hook!!!!!! I took picks and I will post them soon....peace
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

Will --Be careful how you operate those red strobes and check your state laws first. Some people might think your trying to impersonate a cop.But Yes---post the pic --I'd love to see how they turned out . Thanks James
BigWill

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (Vibe)

Post by BigWill »

I already know. You can only have them on when you are parked. Thanks man...it really looks good, I am working on posting some picks. And getting my rims...such a hard decision on what type to get.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

That sounds really good Will... thanx for the tips. I'm glad you found the sleves for the interior bulbs, I think it looks pretty sweet and I have to agree with you that red is the only way to go (because of the dash lights). I look forward to seeing pics of the strobes and everything else for that matter. I may switch out the sleves to blue at a later time... just cause the red may get annoying after a while, but it won't be anytime soon since I get comments on them all the time.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Rico Rose

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (Toasted7)

Post by Rico Rose »

Here's an FYI. If you want to change your interior bulbs and don't want to blow a fuse you can turn your interior lights off. The adjustment knob for your dash lights has an off position, if you turn it to this position your interior lights are shut off ( even with the door open ), and this will protect your circuit. The problem was you were changing the bulb with the light on because your door was probably open...
2006 Vanilla PT Cruiser Touring Edition.
MrMke

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (R.Rose)

Post by MrMke »

quote:Here's an FYI. If you want to change your interior bulbs and don't want to blow a fuse you can turn your interior lights off. The problem was you were changing the bulb with the light on because your door was probably open...Perhaps not using a screwdriver to pop the old bulb out would be a better solution to the blown fuse issue.
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE V6250hp, Tinted Windows, Factory HID's, Bose System
Rico Rose

Re: Blown fuse, everything stopped working... (MrMke)

Post by Rico Rose »

Perhaps not using a screwdriver to pop the old bulb out would be a better solution to the blown fuse issue.[/QUOTE]Yeah I guess that would work too!!!
2006 Vanilla PT Cruiser Touring Edition.