Question about factory window tint

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
spaz2005

Question about factory window tint

Post by spaz2005 »

Hello Under the "standard and optional equipment" section of the vibe book I received from my dealer it says that the glass is "solar control, tinted" and "deep-tinted, behind front doors". It also says this is standard on all three vibe models. When I went to the dealer to have a look at the vibes, none of them appear to have tinted windows (except for the standard light GM solar tint). I emailed GM customer service Canada and they said they would "look into that issue and get back to me" . Well that was 3 months ago and still no word. Does anyone know if GM orignally was going to tint the windows darker behind the front doors?Thanks
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Question about factory window tint (Salsa!)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

I asked the question to my GM rep. He told me the Vibe book been printed months before got producted and they made some change since then. If you look at the end of this book, it is written something like: GM can make change on the option, equipment, coulors and feature without advertisement.So this book is a reference but it does not tell exactly the truth.
Toasted7

Re: Question about factory window tint (spaz2005)

Post by Toasted7 »

Possible stupid question... I'm leasing my Vibe and I have NO tint at all on any of the windows (if window tint was a factory option, then I was not told about it). Is it possible to at least get some kind of removable tint (if it really exists) to put on the windshield? The windshield is so big and the sunvisors are so little, that it makes it difficult to block out the sun. I know I have seen vinyl stickers that go on the inside of the glass and adhere with static, do they make anything like that, but tinted, that would go across the top of the windshield? Any help would be much appreciated.Squinting Vibe driver
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom