disabled the auto-headlights .. free at last

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
vibebob

disabled the auto-headlights .. free at last

Post by vibebob »

I finally got around to disconnecting the auto-headlights, what a great feeling. Now the headlights won't come on at near dusk when it isn't that dark outside.now I need to think over disabling the DRL's, I just don't want to void the waranty. Thanks to GENVIBE for showing me the way.peace out,bob
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
jake75

Re: disabled the auto-headlights .. free at last (vibebob)

Post by jake75 »

To each his own - I like that auto headlight feature. But then I'm over 40.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
mcgusto82

Re: disabled the auto-headlights .. free at last (jake75)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »To each his own - I like that auto headlight feature. But then I'm over 40.hey, i'm only 23 and i love the DRL and auto headlights. i've left my lights on all night before. i love not having to swicht my lights on or off.all i need now is auto windshield wipers.
binary

Re: disabled the auto-headlights .. free at last (vibebob)

Post by binary »

Quote, originally posted by vibebob »I finally got around to disconnecting the auto-headlights, what a great feeling. Now the headlights won't come on at near dusk when it isn't that dark outside.now I need to think over disabling the DRL's, I just don't want to void the waranty. Thanks to GENVIBE for showing me the way.peace out,bobCongrats Bob! I'm with you - I like the option of not turning on my headlights when it's dark out. Like when I'm moving it to the garage or just pulling it out to the street. Or just sitting and idling...I installed a switch on the wire I cut to allow everything to work again. With the switch off - my DRLs and Auto headlights are off. Switch on - everything back to OEM settings.If I'm going long trips, I'll leave the switch on - so when it gets dusk, it'll just do it for me. My wife is used to her Vibe's auto HL's, so it makes life easier if she takes over and doesn't have to mess with it.
BOZACK

Re: disabled the auto-headlights .. free at last (binary)

Post by BOZACK »

I'd like to have a switch to enable or disable the head lights. Is there a tutoial for that?
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap