some questions i cant remember answers too

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
northvibe

some questions i cant remember answers too

Post by northvibe »

Ok so i asked these q's in other threads but cant find them now 1. has anyone changed the color of the 115v button light to red?2. when driving and rolling the 2 back windows down does anyone else have this loud (removed) thumping noise that goes through the car and hurts your ears....i think thats it for now.... thanks!
ragingfish

Re: some questions i cant remember answers too (northvibe)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »Ok so i asked these q's in other threads but cant find them now 1. has anyone changed the color of the 115v button light to red?Not yet.Quote »2. when driving and rolling the 2 back windows down does anyone else have this loud (removed) thumping noise that goes through the car and hurts your ears....i think thats it for now.... thanks! This has existed in ever car I have ever owned...and the G6 too. It's normal.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
joholste

Post by joholste »

the thumping is actually the aiir pressure making the noise in your car
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Number 1: Yes.TNPartsGuy has done this. I believe you will need some tiny little bulb condom thingies and maybe a new bulb for the inverter switch? The inverter switch lighting is incandescent, the lighter illumination is an LED. Number 2: That is one of them there normal aerodynamic things that I will never be capable of understanding. If it has windows that can be lowered, chances are it will do this crap. The front alone aren't that bad, but the rear down alone are, not sure why. Lowering the front windows a bit helps a bit if the rear windows are down. I usually lower all four to the same level for optimum and consistent aesthetics. Of course, I'm the only one who would notice something as stupid and pointless as that! So, uh, yeah, I also do it for a possible reduction in turbulence, yeah that's it.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
GMJAP

Re: some questions i cant remember answers too (ColonelPanic)

Post by GMJAP »

I got a red bulb "condom thingy" if you need it. Not sure if it's the appropriate size for your bulb (tee hee), but you're welcome to it.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »Ok so i asked these q's in other threads but cant find them now 1. has anyone changed the color of the 115v button light to red?2. when driving and rolling the 2 back windows down does anyone else have this loud (removed) thumping noise that goes through the car and hurts your ears....i think thats it for now.... thanks! Well I'll be damned, those back windows DO go down! What a concept.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »Ok so i asked these q's in other threads but cant find them now 2. when driving and rolling the 2 back windows down does anyone else have this loud (removed) thumping noise that goes through the car and hurts your ears....i think thats it for now.... thanks! #2 covered in http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=19900
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

it is even really bad with all windows down. yea.....like it HURTS your ears BAD. ive never had this happen in ANY car ive had before, dangist thing. ill see if i can record something wed. when i get home and my friend has his camera.GMJAPhey that would be cool, did you use those condoms on any other bulb in the vibe?...like..if you tried it on one and found that it fit a bulb somewhere.
Atomb

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »it is even really bad with all windows down. yea.....like it HURTS your ears BAD. ive never had this happen in ANY car ive had before, dangist thing. ill see if i can record something wed. when i get home and my friend has his camera.same thing happened in my VW golf...secret is to open one front window and the OPPOSITE rear window. The amounts aren't identical either. I usually open driver's side all the way and the rear passanger window about 1/3 --> 1/2 of the way.Should solve the thumping....
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
tnpartsguy

Re: some questions i cant remember answers too (ragingfish)

Post by tnpartsguy »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Not yet.I have Too!! Did it a long time ago.... It's a PITA to get the switch out to do it but I did, changed the lighter ring light out at the same time.See????http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...78960
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
GMJAP

Re: (northvibe)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »GMJAPhey that would be cool, did you use those condoms on any other bulb in the vibe?...like..if you tried it on one and found that it fit a bulb somewhere.The bulb in the AC/Recirc switch has them, as do the button backlights in the 6CD head unit. I would suspect other switch bulbs would be similar, but can't say for sure. Never had the 115v switch apart.IM me with your address and I'll send it to you if you wanna try it.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hey sure that would be awesome GMJAP.did anyone finish doing the shift "dial" thing changed to red?
barndp

Re: some questions i cant remember answers too

Post by barndp »

Hey I need some red bulb condoms, where can I get some?