Dash Button

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
daverules

Dash Button

Post by daverules »

I figured out what to do with the blank, unuseable button next to my radio
-dave rules
slbpsi63

Re: Dash Button (daverules)

Post by slbpsi63 »

Dude.......Where is the escape hatch? you might end up like Goose in Top Gun.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

It will be hard to install something at this place. The reclycle wire is hooked here. There's a big connector at that place. If you want to add some button, it will be easier to put them beside the hatch button, on diver side.
Stang2Vibe

Re: Dash Button (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

What the heck is the blank useless button there for anyway? Is it functional with the nav system or something? I've been wondering about it since I got my Vibe. I have the moonroof, so the eject button might work for me if I lean back and to the right a little bit. Wouldn't recommend pressing it inside the garage, though (see pic above)!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Dash Button (Stang2Vibe)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

may be it will be used in the next James Bond movie, when he will be using a Vibe.
Pump233ca

Re: Dash Button (Stang2Vibe)

Post by Pump233ca »

I installed a little light to remind me "my wife" that the Driving Lights are on..
KSNeptune

Post by KSNeptune »

I personally think it would be a great place to mount an 1/8" mini stereo jack for plugging in auxiliary music device(s). Perhaps pressing it in would then open it up to reveal the jack and maybe a volume (input level) knob.Now if only the 'Tunes single CD radio had AUX inputs on the rear. I guess that's why we have an aftermarket.... cause the original manufacturers never quite get it right. That overpriced option should of AT LEAST been able to play MP3's off a CD rom!KSNeptune
slbpsi63

Re: Dash Button (Pump233ca)

Post by slbpsi63 »

quote:I installed a little light to remind me "my wife" that the Driving Lights are on.. I feel your Pain... they never think we can remember to put them on.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
KSNeptune

Post by KSNeptune »

Maybe they simply put it there to confuse buyers. Or perhaps it was simply to balance the look of the dash layout. I'm "almost" certain there must be some option now or next year that will utilize that button. Heated seats, perhaps?KSNeptune
vibegirl

Post by vibegirl »

Looks great!
Abyss Vibe, power package, alloy wheels, 6 speaker system, cargo mat, mud guards and bumper protector!
TGebiV

Re: Dash Button (vibegirl)

Post by TGebiV »

it is where you put your NOS button when your warrenty runs out!!!!!
Frosty Vibe GT Monotone. Power packageMods Tinted windows.
Shadow Realm

Re: Dash Button (s5amiller)

Post by Shadow Realm »

Maybe you can use it to turn on the afterburner when it gets installedThe 9000HP Vibe. Of course you could only go in a straight line, but if you added wings you could be the first Vibe to cross the Atlantic
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
daverules

Re: Dash Button (Shadow Realm)

Post by daverules »

quote: afterburner hmmm afterburner, good idea
-dave rules
Jethro

Re: Dash Button (KSNeptune)

Post by Jethro »

quote:Maybe they simply put it there to confuse buyers. Or perhaps it was simply to balance the look of the dash layout. I'm "almost" certain there must be some option now or next year that will utilize that button. Heated seats, perhaps?KSNeptuneMy guess would be for balance in the layout. I think it would have been a much better location for the Parking Brake indicator - it blends in too easy where placed in the red gauge cluster.If you look at the pictures of the VOLTZ dash the buttons for the A/C and Recirc are moved down, then the rear window defrost takes over the top spot while the separate clock (which I prefer over the one built-in to the M&T single-CD/radio) gets a home in the place of the r/w defrost on the VIBE.The VOLTZ - minus the annoying Daylight Sentinal (Daylight Senile is more like it) - also has a separate, lighted switch for the driving lamps in the lower dash by the coin holder and rear hatch release. I'd rather have that over the hard to use stalk mounted switch too.NUMMI, are you listening?
Sam2Mar

Re: Dash Button (Pump233ca)

Post by Sam2Mar »

Do you have the location and the wiring color to install a indicator light for the driving lights.Thanks!"LD Blue" Vibequote:I installed a little light to remind me "my wife" that the Driving Lights are on..