Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
eddiec

Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area

Post by eddiec »

I used my new vibe to move apartments soon after I first got it, and have noticed a few scratches had been put into the plastic in the cargo area. Does anyone have or know of a good covering for this area?I have seen the GM one, but that just seems to go over the tie holders. I was wondering if there's anything tailored to fit (maybe holes wear the tie holder tracks are, also maybe to pieces to also cover the back of the seat when folded down)Thanks,Eddie
VibeSalsa

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (eddiec)

Post by VibeSalsa »

Go there: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1366 You will find a nice solution to cover this area. I think I will do the same thing one day....
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
eddiec

Post by eddiec »

That looks pretty good, however it still seems to cover over the tie holders/tracks.
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:That looks pretty good, however it still seems to cover over the tie holders/tracks.If you want to use the tracks, it should be fairly easy to cut slots in any cargo mat/liner you buy or make. Thus far, I have not seen any liners that leave openings for the tracks.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
Aquasax

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (Flip-Side)

Post by Aquasax »

I went to home depot and got a 3'x5' rug runner and put the seats down, then cut it to size. One piece on the actual 'trunk' deck with slits cut out for the tie down tracks, and holes notched for access to the spare tire. Then another slab on the compartment that holds the cargo cover, with notches for the opening knobs. A third and fourth piece on each of the seat backs, with holes cut out for the tie down tracks and one for the cup holder (for good measure)I went out and got some industrial strength VELCRO, which works fairly well, though I've noticed that th velcro itself is stronger than the glue, so when I try and remove it, it sometimes just takes the whole thing with it, so give it plenty of time to cure, or get some epoxy to hold the velcro down. I love it, things don't seem to slide around as much, and it absorbs moisture. I don't have the ski rack yet, so when I put my skis in the back, it's great!!Sorry for no pics, but no Digital Camera...
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (Salsa!)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

quote:It's often the case with the things we buy,..... the attachment that comes with it doesn't hold.... In those cases, rely on the good old Red Green Technique (for us Canadian this will make sense): Duct Tape! For my part, I'm the King of tie-wrap and Bostic hot glue.
esjones

Post by esjones »

Who has the Cargo Mat that is available as a factory option? I'd like to know if it is sized to fit when the rear seats are folded up for seating or laid flat for cargo.Thanks. - Earl
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
Sputnik

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (esjones)

Post by Sputnik »

I have the Vibe Cargo Mat. It only fits the floor perfectly when the seats are up. If the seats are down, then the backs of the seats do not have carpet on them.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
VibeSalsa

Post by VibeSalsa »

To add a little to Sputnik's answer, you can see the GM/Vibe cargo mat installed here.
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
daverules

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (VibeSalsa)

Post by daverules »

quote: In those cases, rely on the good old Red Green Technique (for us Canadian this will make sense): Duct Tape! It's the handyman's secret weapon!
-dave rules
NY Pete

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (silverawd26)

Post by NY Pete »

Does the Vibe come with a retractible cargo cover for the back? If not, is one available?
'02 Jetta 1.8T Silver Arrow/Black Leathuh - Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, 17" VW Exor wheels, euro Bora tails, Neuspeed Sofsport Springs, Bilstein HD's, Da'lan hitch'03 20thAE GTI #3494 Imola Yellow/Black Recaros - Omori/AWE boost gauge, HPA Motorsports Short shifter, Neuspeed 28mm rear sway, REVO programming, Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, FK Badgeless grille, Kamei eyelids and one big fat grin
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

A retractable cargo cover would be really nice. The cargo liner/carpet on the GM Accessories website looks pretty cool. They say its reversible, one side is carpeted, the other side is vinyl. Kinda neat!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
DopeVibeGT

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (Stang2Vibe)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

I ordered the carpet for the back. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but it's worth it just for the "Vibe" printed on it. LoL
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
TGebiV

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (DopeVibeGT)

Post by TGebiV »

what about rhino liner? i wonder if it could work on plastic? if it did it would be tight and you could still use the cargo runners?just a little thought
Frosty Vibe GT Monotone. Power packageMods Tinted windows.
KSNeptune

Post by KSNeptune »

Actually, since the deck cover can be removed, and the tie-down tracks can be unscrewed from it, it might very well be possible to have it coated with something like rhino liner. Although it's also a plastic, it can be applied with a rough texture, and is not as hard as the deck surface plastic it. Remove it. Remove the C-Channel. Tape off the C-Channel slots. Tape off the hinges and lock handle area. Spray the rest. Let it completely cure before putting it back in your vibe.If anyone does this, be sure and take some pictures, and let us know how it turns out.KSNeptune
Voitek

Post by Voitek »

I went for the whole package and got the cargo mat and cargo nets ordered from the dealer. Strangely enough there are only two nets in a kit (one big one, one small one). I suppose it's because the wheel covers are slightly different, so the net makes sense only on the right side. One nice thing though is that you can put the big net diagonally and it divides the floor into two smaller "compartments". Quite practical if you have "only" ten shopping bags and not the whole complement of twenty seven
esjones

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area (Voitek)

Post by esjones »

Can you (or someone) post pictures of the cargo nets or give a better discription of how they are used? I think it is a pretty pricey accessory. I do have a cargo net in the trunk of my Intrigue and I like it, but I can't see how it would add much value in the open box rear end of a Vibe.Has anyone discovered any aftermarket, i.e., non-GM, nets that work?Thanks.-Earl
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

It's an envelope style net:This picture only shows the large net. There is another one about 1/3 the size that fits on the side.
Vibe Rater

Post by Vibe Rater »

quote:also maybe to pieces to also cover the back of the seat when folded down) Thanks, EddieVelcro?
DopeVibeGT

Re: Carpeting/Covering for Cargo Area

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Finally picked up my carpet for the back. "We'll call you when it comes in." Yeah. Right. It came in on the 14th. Anyway, It's worth the $75 for looks.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress