Seat removal

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
ngilbert

Seat removal

Post by ngilbert »

Hey folks, got a question for anyone who has removed the front seats, particularly the front passenger, and extra particularly if you have the optional side airbags. Any concerns, accidents, things one should be aware of? I see the yellow wires (which usually denote airbag equipment) so I'll be mindful of that, anything else?I want access to the stock amp that comes with the moon and tunes package.Thanks!
[Modified by ngilbert, 11:36 PM 11/30/2002]
mkl116

Re: Seat removal (ngilbert)

Post by mkl116 »

I pulled both seats for my stereo installation and it was very easy. Just unbolt at four corners and I think it was drivers side only that had a quick disconnect wire coupling. Other wsie they came out easy and went back in without any trouble. PLastic covers for rear bolts also went back on without any drama. I just wish the rest of my stereo install was so easy.
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Seat removal (mkl116)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Be carefull with the yellow wire. If you cut it by accident, it could activate the air-bag. Just unplug them and it won't cause any trouble. A friend of mine had some trbl with hte air bag when he put his test light on the air bag wire while installing a remote starter. His test light created a resistance and a voltage drop to the air bg and it pop out form the steering wheel......
slbpsi63

Re: Seat removal (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by slbpsi63 »

quote:Be carefull with the yellow wire. If you cut it by accident, it could activate the air-bag. You might want to wear protective gear. Don't want an airbag to knock you out!
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
ngilbert

Re: Seat removal (mkl116)

Post by ngilbert »

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply....
ngilbert

Re: Seat removal (slbpsi63)

Post by ngilbert »

quote:Be carefull with the yellow wire. If you cut it by accident, it could activate the air-bag. You might want to wear protective gear. Don't want an airbag to knock you out! No kidding eh? Try explaining that to the doc... Well, I was putting in my amp when this, uh, gorilla came outta no where and BAM!! Just like that! The burns on my face? Uh, he was, ah, smoking this cigar and....
slbpsi63

Re: Seat removal (ngilbert)

Post by slbpsi63 »

ROFL... Did you cut the wire yet? Let us know how it went. (after you wake up from the gorilla shot) What are you removing the seats for? custom install?, aftermarket seats?
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
ngilbert

Re: Seat removal (slbpsi63)

Post by ngilbert »

quote:ROFL... Did you cut the wire yet? Let us know how it went. (after you wake up from the gorilla shot) What are you removing the seats for? custom install?, aftermarket seats? I want to tap into the speaker leads to hook up a sub. I'm keeping the stock equipment (good enuff for me, and less likely to be forcibly removed by some scumbag a**wipe) so I'm tapping the amp for the input.