Sunroof noise when shut

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
CHSurvivor

Sunroof noise when shut

Post by CHSurvivor »

Ok I first checked the search....no luck

The sunroof panel slider rattles like a (removed) when its closed. I wedge in a pack of gum to stop it chaddering as I drive. Eventually it falls out and starts making noise again. Its dead quiet when the sunroof is open. If I leave the slider open it still rattles. Its coming from the pop up wind deflector inbetween the sunroof and slider....this is slowly driving me insane...
HELP ! :o
CHSurvivor

Re: Sunroof noise when shut

Post by CHSurvivor »

no one has a rattle from the sunroof when closed?
GOF

Post by GOF »

Sorry. I am not well versed in sunroofs. I would look at the linkages that operate the deflector. If you can't find anything loose perhaps a small piece of stick on weatherstrip placed strategically so that the deflector rests against it?
CHSurvivor

Post by CHSurvivor »

ll giver ago. ! thanks mate :)
CHSurvivor

Post by CHSurvivor »

no luck rattles when inside slider shut or open. Its the air vent guard that rattles. Its lubricated well. It rattles on the sunroof.....only hwne sunroof is open its quiet :( driving me nucking futs
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

I don't have experience with this but I have empathy.
Try this: there are 4 screws that hold the glass in place. Open them and push the glass up, or down and tighten them again. Hopefully you find an adjustment that prevents the rattling.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
CHSurvivor

Post by CHSurvivor »

I bought some house door foam about 1/4" thick and placed it under the flap or wind guard that pops up when the roof i open.
I am 99% sure that will fix it....for anyone else in same problem....try that.

Just need to find a bumpy road....

thanks for all the tips :)
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

I looked at my sunroof and noticed there are springs on either side to hold the spoiler up. If these springs are broken or detached they will make the spoiler rattle.
Also if there is friction or wear in the pivots of that spoiler it could cause rattles.

Anyway, I hope the foam trick will do it for you.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

CHSurvivor

Post by CHSurvivor »

no luck, the springs are in tact, sunroof is tight and secure....now it rattles open....this is driving me nucking futs! lol
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Can you replicate the exact sound by knocking various parts of the sunroof?
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

CHSurvivor

Post by CHSurvivor »

yes i can, its the wind flap that pops up....it rattles when roof closed...I have put foam on each side of it.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

I don't have the problem so I don't have to do this. Non the less I tell you what my approach would be: I would take it apart. I would inspect every piece, clean it, lube it where it was lubed from factory and put it back together. There is no guaranty that this will fix it, but I have fixed a few untraceables in that manner.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe