Mileage button

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
wbell25

Mileage button

Post by wbell25 »

So...... the little button on my dash to reset the mileage and dim dash lights is snapped off right at the plexy line. I'm not opposed to being creative because I'm not mechanically inclined enough to take the dash apart. Any ideas?
vibrologist

Re: Mileage button

Post by vibrologist »

You try a ball pen, toothpick or something similar to push the button.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

go to Home Depot and cut and pay for one foot of vinyl tubing. They have a lot of internal diameters to chose from, so one should fit. If not, then the clear vinyl tube that helps aerate fish tanks should also work. Any major pet store will have that clear tubing (you may have to pay for a lot more than you need). You may also find the vinyl tubing for a fish tank at WalMart. If any of the small interior diameter tubing you buy is slightly too big for the receiving end of the mileage gauge, then you could put some well chewed gum in the end of the tube before sticking it over the receiving end of the gauge. Good luck; let us know.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Super Glue!
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite