Replacing Interior Dash Part

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
NestleQuik37

Replacing Interior Dash Part

Post by NestleQuik37 »

Hey,
I have been in search of a part for my 2006 Vibe (1.8L manual), its number 10 in the picture. (the power outlet face plate)
A while back I was taking it off to check how deep the compartment went, to see if it could fit my CB radio, but in the process I broke off one of the clips that holds the plate on and it sticks out a half inch unless I'm holding it in.
I've tried hot glue and super glue and a few other things, but none have held. Does anybody know where I could buy a new face plate?
Attachments
vibe dash blowup diagram.gif
vibe dash blowup diagram.gif (7.82 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
lannvouivre

Re: Replacing Interior Dash Part

Post by lannvouivre »

I think you may have to try a salvage yard.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I also discovered when the dealer broke off the clips from the radio bezel during a recall repair, this plastic does not like to be glued back together. :?

This might still be available at the dealer if you're willing to spend some extra bucks. I was able to order the radio bezel plus the shifter surround trim and HVAC knob label (#3 and #9 on this diagram) new from a Chevy/Buick dealer as of December.

I'll have to be extra careful when transplanting this piece when I go to replace the shifter trim once it warms up!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

It is Toyota part number 55449-01040 Googling that turns up a number of on line sources, seems in the $13 area (and likely + shipping) A junkyard would likely be cheaper, but would take a little more time/effort, and you likely won't know whether a junk yard has one or not until you go there and possibly walk the yard