Part Number for 2005 Vibe washer nozzle...

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
ToolGuy

Part Number for 2005 Vibe washer nozzle...

Post by ToolGuy »

I did not find this so I got it on my own and thought others could benefit from it too. GM Part Number 88969939, covers 03-05 Vibes with RPO C25 (rear window wiper) Stopped by the dlr today and looked at an 05, they look similar but the 05 has two sprays and they are angled. Plan on updating my 03 with it.
Raven

Re: Part Number for 2005 Vibe washer nozzle... (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by Raven »

Please let us know how it works out. Some don't like the dribbler, I don't mind it myself.
RIT

Re: Part Number for 2005 Vibe washer nozzle... (Sunny)

Post by RIT »

$8.26 from GMPArtsDIRECT.com
ColonelPanic

Re: Part Number for 2005 Vibe washer nozzle... (RIT)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Cool - I may just have to order one!Edit: I just did, so I'll post when I get it installed. Stay tuned, details at eleven...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
ToolGuy

Re: Part Number for 2005 Vibe washer nozzle... (ColonelPanic)

Post by ToolGuy »

Ordered mine today too!
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Now the question remains, how the heck does on get the old nozzle off? I tried to remove mine today to see what is involved, couldn't get it to budge. I'm guessing it pulls out, but I'm not sure. I was able to reach underneath the glass (very skinny fingers!) and tried to push it out from that way, no luck there either. I guess I'll wait until the part comes in and hopefully by looking at it, I'll get a better idea of what to do (and not to do) for removing the current nozzle.I saw another post about how difficult it is to remove, and it certainly seems that way.

Image Image
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

If I remember right there is a squeeze clip. try using a long pair of needle nose plyers, grab each side and squeeze, then push. I think he said something else about being careful that you don't hit the wires. I believe that there are some wires for the top brake light in there to. Its best to call and ask them at your local dealership. Good Luck!
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Now the question remains, how the heck does on get the old nozzle off? I tried to remove mine today to see what is involved, couldn't get it to budge. I'm guessing it pulls out, but I'm not sure. I was able to reach underneath the glass (very skinny fingers!) and tried to push it out from that way, no luck there either. I guess I'll wait until the part comes in and hopefully by looking at it, I'll get a better idea of what to do (and not to do) for removing the current nozzle.I saw another post about how difficult it is to remove, and it certainly seems that way.Looked at mine today too and it does not look easy. No wires from the brake lamp are up there, just the hose. And it probably is held in place with intigrated spring clips. I too could only get two fingers up there and could do nothing to squeeze and push it out. I figured I could remove the window to gain more clearance, however then I would run the risk of over tightening and or squeeks. Like you mentioned once the new one arrives, I will have a better idea on how it comes out by looking at the new piece. Right now, I figure the best way to get the old one out is to cut it out possibly using my Dremel tool. Either way my cars do not go to the dealer unless they have to and for warranty issues, I will install this some way. I love challanges!
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yep, it's gonna be a challenge that's for sure. Good luck to us both.When will you be getting the part in? I ordered mine from GM PartsDirect, so it's still several days out.

Image Image
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Yep, it's gonna be a challenge that's for sure. Good luck to us both.When will you be getting the part in? I ordered mine from GM PartsDirect, so it's still several days out.Certainly good luck, will be interesting to see how we do it! I too ordered mine from Parts Direct, Tues morning. Looked at it again today and removing the glass option may work but then alignment and over torqueing when re-installing could be an issue and I do not want glass in my face.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Here's how the service manual says to do it:*Put tape to the area around the rear washer nozzle.*Using a small flat-bladed tool, remove the rear washer nozzle from the liftgate.*Remove the rear washer hose from the rear washer nozzle.* Remove the rear washer nozzle from the liftgate.Simply reverse for reinstallation.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ToolGuy

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Here's how the service manual says to do it:*Put tape to the area around the rear washer nozzle.*Using a small flat-bladed tool, remove the rear washer nozzle from the liftgate.*Remove the rear washer hose from the rear washer nozzle.* Remove the rear washer nozzle from the liftgate.Simply reverse for reinstallation.Thanks for in info! I also thought of possibly some kind if thin flat plastic tool to slide into each side of the nozzle thus hopefully it would release each side, pressing in the nozzle "wings" to release it.
ColonelPanic

Re: (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by ColonelPanic »

I was thinking the same thing... I *can* pull it out far enough to get something on both sides, so I think that may just work.

Image Image
cdFxer

Post by cdFxer »

Might try this: wrap electrical tape around 2 straight head screw drivers and use them to pry it out on opposing sides. Ive done similar things when working around $7k injection molding machine mold mirrors...
ToolGuy

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »I was thinking the same thing... I *can* pull it out far enough to get something on both sides, so I think that may just work.We are in! just used a credit card and less then a minute I had it out! Just slide the card under the rubber gasket until you hear the snap/pop and that side is out, then do the other side. No paint damage! I also had to open the glass and pull some more slack in the rubber hose to completely get the nozzle out of the hose. I knew my credit cards were good for something! Now I just need the stinkin part!
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Nice! Yep, now we just need the parts! I'll give it a shot tomorrow to see what happens.

Image Image
cdFxer

Post by cdFxer »

Guess they didnt use a smaller ID hose for the 05's then?
ColonelPanic

Re: (cdFxer)

Post by ColonelPanic »

That, I don't think we have determined yet. I'm not sure, maybe MiVibeToolGuy knows.We shall find out sometime soon!

Image Image
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

My part shipped! No idea on the hose ID. I assume it is the same to keep costs and changes down, however if it is different it will not take much to replace and reduce or increase it to fit. The hose is also not that long.Got to race Colonel for the install! Squirt, squirt...
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

And the winner for the "Let's make our Vibes squirt in two directions at once" race will be... Ahh, as I see it, the signs seem point to you there, Mr. ToolGuy.. In addition to the squirter, I also ordered a pair of front splash guards to go with my new cladding, since my '03 style will no longer be of any use to me as of tomorrow. So I guess those pesky splash guards are holding the order up. Get some pictures for us! And I'll snap a few too once I get mine in.

Image Image
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »And the winner for the "Let's make our Vibes squirt in two directions at once" race will be... Ahh, as I see it, the signs seem point to you there, Mr. ToolGuy.. In addition to the squirter, I also ordered a pair of front splash guards to go with my new cladding, since my '03 style will no longer be of any use to me as of tomorrow. So I guess those pesky splash guards are holding the order up. Get some pictures for us! And I'll snap a few too once I get mine in.Your Splash Guards; let me know how they turn out too. Right now I used an old pair from my Blazer with stainless steel nuts & bolts, for the fronts only. They really seem to help, mostly since my wife drives it on the HWY three days a week.
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Well got it and installed it last night. Took 2 minutes, I timed it and here is what I did: 1) Obtain part and a Credit Card.2) With the rear door closed, slide CC under rubber gasket on one side of the nozzle until click/pop is heard. If done correctly the nozzle will pop out of the opening a little bit.3) Slide CC under opposite side nozzle until the click/pop is heard. You have just released the old nozzle.4) Open rear glass only. Locate black rubber washer hose for the rear nozzle (middle section of the inside glass) and gently pull some hose slack upward. 5) Close glass and now you should have enough hose to grab the nozzle and remove it from the hose. 6) Connect the new nozzle to the hose and insert nozzle pushing it into the nozzle opening. 7) Re-open rear glass and adjust hose slack from step #4 downward to where you got it originally.8) Test Wiper washer.My review: Easy simple inexpensive mod to do and probably will come in handy for our Michigan winters. The single squirt design was something I noticed on the car right away and really thought it was a joke. The new nozzle has two sprays similar to the single old style however having two, it covers more of the rear glass. The spray is NOT more powerful and I knew that going into this. In order to spray more powerfully, there would need to be a separate pump for the rear nozzle. Again, the new nozzle just lets more fluid out in two lines. Plus, if it did not disperse the way it does now and sprayed more, I suspect at 70 MPH+ you would not get much on the rear glass since the wind would take it. I am happy with it/mod especially since it will live or out live the life of the car! Amortize its price over the cars life and it cost pennies. About the hardest part was removing the old nozzle from the rubber hose.Sorry no pics, I do not have a camera... I think I will make a plastic tool the same size and shape of a CC and sell it to GM for $50.00 each. $50 times 8,000 dealers, one per dealer; I will be rich!
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Cool! Glad to see you got it installed... Mine will be here on Monday!And I'll take some pics of the install!

Image Image
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Alrighty, the new nozzle has arrived. I'll be installing it tomorrow... Charging some batteries now, so I can get plenty of pictures. BTW, also got the splash guards, will install those and post the outcome elsewhere in another thread. For any curious party, check the attachment to see various shots of the new nozzle.

Attached files

Image Image
ColonelPanic

Success!

Post by ColonelPanic »

Slid the credit card under the right side, and pushed... Popped right out. Actually didn't even have to mess with the other side, it worked itself loose fine with just pushing on the clip to the right. The instructions worked out perfectly.Only took about five minutes. The new nozzle works out pretty well... I didn't really have a problem with the way the existing one worked, I just figured two holes were better than one. lol! But I do think the '05 nozzle works a bit better. I have pics taken during the install, if anyone is interested let me know. And here's a before/after shot of it in action.

Attached files

Image Image
ColonelPanic

Re: Success! (ColonelPanic)

Post by ColonelPanic »

And one last pic of what you see from the mirror... lol

Attached files

Image Image
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

strangely, my 2004 came with the 2 port nozzle.....(May 2004)
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
ToolGuy

Re: Success! (ColonelPanic)

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Slid the credit card under the right side, and pushed... Popped right out. Actually didn't even have to mess with the other side, it worked itself loose fine with just pushing on the clip to the right. The instructions worked out perfectly.Only took about five minutes. The new nozzle works out pretty well... I didn't really have a problem with the way the existing one worked, I just figured two holes were better than one. lol! But I do think the '05 nozzle works a bit better. I have pics taken during the install, if anyone is interested let me know. And here's a before/after shot of it in action.Sweeeett!!! Once again great job bro! Yes two holes are better then one! The action shot, I mean money shot is awesome! I used to write GM service manuals so the instructions were stemming from those days. I will be getting a dig camera in the next couple of months...
zionzr2

Re: (Atomb)

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by Atomb »strangely, my 2004 came with the 2 port nozzle.....(May 2004)I bought my 04 in may as well and I only have the sigle spray.But for less than $10 I think I can do that mod myself.