2003 Vibe Fuel Breather

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
HoboNinja

2003 Vibe Fuel Breather

Post by HoboNinja »

Hello all, New member. Searched the forums but didnt find anything specific to this. I picked up a 2003 vibe in decent condition for a work car. Runs great but had a slight fuel smell. I investigated and found that this breather line that runs to back to the fill neck has rotted out. I cant for the life of me find the insert to replace it, and the new fuel tanks have it casted right into the tank. Any advice on what I can do to repair it without buying a $400 fuel tank? For some reason it will not let me upload picture, but it's to the left of the overfill check valve and can be seen from the back of the vehicle.
Caretaker

Re: 2003 Vibe Fuel Breather

Post by Caretaker »

Interesting. Our '03 AWD had a very distinct gas odor every time I pulled into my carport. I never knew what it was and donated the car before ever finding out.
joatmon

Re: 2003 Vibe Fuel Breather

Post by joatmon »

in viewtopic.php?t=934 d_m_kolb posted a link to this
2003 Matrix Parts Catalog

and it lists the Toyota part numbers for a 2003 Matrix fuel tank stuff on 16 of the PDF. If the part you are looking for is "11 Hose, Breather" then for a FWD vibe, the Toyota part number is 77269-02020, and a quick google shows amazon and some Toyota dealers have it for 15-25 US $

I would fully expect the matrix part to be the same for an 03 Vibe, but if you do buy one and its not the same, well, don't come after me for the money ;)

And Welcome to GenVibe!

The forum software has a limit on uploaded file size, so its likely you'd need to rescale/resize the pic to be a smaller file size to get it to upload