Downloadable wiring diagram

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
andrewclaus

Downloadable wiring diagram

Post by andrewclaus »

Greetings;

New member, first post. This looks like a good site. It'll help me maintain/refurbish the '07 Vibe I just bought (150K miles). I've already changed coolant and ATF with info I got here. I've checked brakes, bearings, axles, spark plugs--all good.

I can't find a link to a factory wiring diagram. I found a link for a service guide here, but it doesn't include wiring. Am I missing something? Does anyone know where I can find that? I've found the factory diagrams online for two other cars, a Prius and a Subaru, and they put the Haynes and similar diagrams to shame.

Thanks in advance. I don't have any problems now, but I'm sure I will sometime with a ten year old car.
jayoldschool

Re: Downloadable wiring diagram

Post by jayoldschool »

There isn't a "one" diagram for modern cars. Too much wiring. They are drawn by systems. What system do you need? I may be able to grab one for you, I have service software. Don't say "all of them", lol. If you need all, you need to buy a FSM (or subscribe to an online service).
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

Thanks for the offer. I don't need anything now. I was just browsing.

A FSM subscription may be the way to go if I ever need something comprehensive. I saw one on eBay that was something like $5/14 days, $40/yr.

Do you think it's worthwhile to buy a Haynes manual or similar for this car? Given the service information available on the internet, I'm not sure it's worth it any more.
jolt

Post by jolt »

You should check here too: https://www.alldatadiy.com/

Almost all the different manual manufactures have a professional version of their manuals and that is the only one worth spending money on. Like the above link, Alldata has a site for professionals and then the site for the DIY people that is listed above. You can Google Alldata to see both sites if you want but the price differance between the two, just like the professional and DIY manuals, may be a shock to you. Alldata is $30 for one year or $50 for 5 years.
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

The alldata site looks good for future reference. Thanks.