Where is the evaporator temperature sensor connector?

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
ihaveavibe

Where is the evaporator temperature sensor connector?

Post by ihaveavibe »

I want to check the operation of the evaporator temp sensor / thermistor but I'm not sure where to stick my ohm meter leads :)

Does anyone have a picture of where to test?

I'm guessing I'll have to disconnect the battery, disconnect the sensor, and test the resistance at the leads in some connector.
It should be about 2 kOhm and increase with decreasing temp (right?)

The reason I'm looking to test is that my a/c compressor doesn't ever seem to shut off. Even when I try to "freeze" the evaporator by recirculating and setting the blower fan to low. It's about 80-90F ambient now, so it's possible the evaporator never gets cold enough, but that's why I'd like to test. (Does anyone with a working A/C system notice the compressor turning off when the A/C is on?)

Thanks
joatmon

Re: Where is the evaporator temperature sensor connector?

Post by joatmon »

Check out VASCO111's discovery in viewtopic.php?t=45973 and viewtopic.php?t=45989
ihaveavibe

Post by ihaveavibe »

Yup, saw those threads (actually posted a question there too). I'll look again. Failed to find it the last time, that's why I asked if anyone has a pic :) I didn't want to yank things from the ECU.. I saw some connector thing that pig-tailed to the blend door actuator if I recall.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Looked today and it's accessible by removing the glove box. Here's a pic showing the connector and resistor

This resistor is what should be wires to the thermistor
This resistor is what should be wires to the thermistor
thermistor.jpg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 1410 times