...at this time i noticed my radiator had been punctured and had pretty much leaked all the coolant out. This is where the mystery takes place. My coolant temp gauge never went above half while driving yet when i went to start the car after it being parked for about 30 minutes, it WOULDN'T start and my coolant temp gauge was all the way on the top or HOT part.
Your not going to like this. The temp gauge is made to read the coolant temperature. When there is no coolant in the system, or at least not enough to cover the temp sensor, all the gauge will show is how hot the sensor is in the void of the water jacket. When you parked it for 30 minutes it gave the temp sensor time to absorb more heat from the cylinder head casting making the temp gauge peg out. This is how hot the engine got. A lot of things get damaged from over heating the engine. Wrapped cylinder head which can lead to leaking head gasket, binding camshaft, cracked cylinder head or block, and the for sure thing with an engine that has been run for 15 miles with no coolant in it is the piston rings will be ruined. The overheating removes the tension from the rings and the motor will suck oil big time. The rings in cars these days are low tension rings to reduce drag, added horse power, and add fuel mileage. It does not take much heat to kill the rings.
Did you add water to the cooling system before you tried to restart the engine? Never add water to a hot engine with out having the motor running. This is another way of cracking a cylinder head. The shock of the cool water into the hot system can crack at casting. Always have the engine running when adding water to a hot engine so that the cool water can gradually mix with the hot water as it flow by.
Head gaskets do not always blow out to the oiling ports. You can blow the gasket from the cooling jacket to the cylinder or blow the gasket between cylinders. I have not even looked into the Vibe having a inertia fuel shut off switch because you drove the car 15 miles after the crash so the fuel was not shut off from the accident. Pull the spark plugs and do a compression test on each cylinder. Check your wiring to see if the hit may have loosen or pulled some connections apart. Also check the wiring on the engine because if it badly overheated, you may have melted wiring and/or wiring connectors. Check wiring to coil packs and fuel injectors which you can do when you do a compression test. Most cars would not have made it two miles with out any coolant in the system.