Video / instructions for rear door power window regulator/motor?

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
Cara

Video / instructions for rear door power window regulator/motor?

Post by Cara »

I'll have to update our "garage:" Husband totaled his '05 avoiding a herd of deer, but got an '07 from Florida within weeks with fewer miles on it.

Rear passenger window doesn't work, though, so we've ordered/received a regulator/motor.

I did a search, and came up with a Youtube video on replacing in a Corolla -- but are there any more "specific" instructions out there, for this task, that someone can quickly refer me to? Or will that video be close enough?

Thanks
Cara
trb

Re: Video / instructions for rear door power window regulator/motor?

Post by trb »

Should be the about the same. I recall a post on here where someone used parts from a Corolla to install power windows/locks on his Vibe, and I used a Corolla power lock/latch to replace a bad one on my 03 GT. I did notice the wires on it were a bit different, but it works just fine.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Cara

Post by Cara »

Thanks for the reply -- but, unfortunately, hubby did insufficient troubleshooting and it's NOT the regulator/motor. He never bothered to test the window on THAT door -- just tried the switch on the driver's door. Turns out the window's fine - must be the switch.

Anyone ever replaced THAT?
Cara
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

switch is way easier to replace compared to a window motor/regulator. It's only held on by 2? screws, do a search for 'vibe drivers window switch' and you can find plenty for sale.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)