Difference between HTBK and NTBK parts

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
RNR6971

Difference between HTBK and NTBK parts

Post by RNR6971 »

Hi all,
Thanks in advance from a newbie Pontiac Wave owner..

I am searching for parts for car repairs and have no clue what these two acronyms mean. Any help please? Thanks again.

HTBK, NTBK (two options that came up during online search for repair parts for 2006 Pontiac Wave.)
vibrologist

Re: Difference between HTBK and NTBK parts

Post by vibrologist »

Hi RNR:
Honestly, I don't know either. You say you are a Pontiac WAVE owner. This forum concerns itself with the Pontiac VIBE. They are much different cars.

All the best
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
jolt

Post by jolt »

A out of the blue guess would be that HTBK is for a Hatch Trunk BacK, and that NTBK is for Notch Trunk BacK, but I could be wrong.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I've never heard those associated with auto parts. A quick google turned up that HTBK and NTBK are the stock market abbreviations for Heritage Commerce Corp and NetBank, Inc., respectively

The Pontiac wave is the sibling to the Chevy Aveo. A google image search for Aveo HTBK and aveo NTBK confirms what jolt said, HTBK is the hatchback,NTBK the non-hatchback.

You will likely get better answers about the Wave at http://www.aveoforum.com/forum , but I haven';t really looked in depth at that site, so can't make any promises