Anyone use another service manual source, like online sites, etc

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
ctgottapee

Anyone use another service manual source, like online sites, etc

Post by ctgottapee »

I guess cause it's rare, and most shops are on the puter by now, can't find any reasonably priced service (shop) manuals for the vibe.

Was looking at some service repair sites like all data, that independent mechanics tend to use.
Anyone else try this or have any other sources.

Sometimes autozone will publish repair specs and plans, but they don't list any for the vibe.

I'm guessing the Haynes book is not very useful for the 2nd gen cars, especially AWD.
ehoff121

Re: Anyone use another service manual source, like online sites, etc

Post by ehoff121 »

https://www.alldatadiy.com/ is $45 for five years of access. It's not as detailed as the shop manual, but it does give parts pricing and repair time estimates. You can preview the info for a Nissan to get an idea of what is provided.

EDIT: Retailmenot.com has a coupon code for three years of access for $13 http://www.retailmenot.com/view/alldatadiy.com
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

ehoff121 wrote:https://www.alldatadiy.com/ is $45 for five years of access. It's not as detailed as the shop manual, but it does give parts pricing and repair time estimates. You can preview the info for a Nissan to get an idea of what is provided.

EDIT: Retailmenot.com has a coupon code for three years of access for $13 http://www.retailmenot.com/view/alldatadiy.com
Super thanks on that retailmeno coupon, I search a while for a coupon and found nothing
I saw the alldatadiy but didn't know if it provided much of real content.

Autozone pulls from alldata I believe, I think their parent owns it, but they don't show any info in their custom repair guides which had me wondering....
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

That coupon code got my 2yrs worth at 12.95 which is reasonable for a look.

I'm not that impressed, it is very difficult to navigate and leaves a bit to be desired - I have a giant service manual for my other car so I'm expecting a lot....
There are occasional errors/typos that are corrected in other places, but overall it helps quite a bit and is probably worth the $13 if you really want the info, which is a bit harder to come by for the 2009
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

ctgottapee wrote: I'm guessing the Haynes book is not very useful for the 2nd gen cars, especially AWD.
Awesome guess and right on the money :x Although when I purchased this 3 volume set at a bargain ($150 five years ago and now $200) they have been somewhat helpful, there are numerous errors and missing information. For me it was worth it as I ten to tear things apart and need to know "what's in there" before starting a job. I think there's an online version of this but like others said, the navigation part comes nowhere close to having the paper book right in front of you!

2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

My aunt ordered the service manual for me for my birthday last year. I was so excited to receive it, but when I did... I ended up being horribly disappointed :(.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage