2009 GT, removal of fog lights?

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
wpgpolice

2009 GT, removal of fog lights?

Post by wpgpolice »

I have looked online to see how to remove the fog light bulb, due to my recent upgrade to HID lights. On the driver side i have removed the shield then stuck my hand in there to remove the bulb but it cannot come out since the white container is there. Not sure if i have to remove the actual assembly of the fog light or the white tank? I have not done the passenger side yet, but im taking a guess it would be the same? Please help :!: Picture would help too! Thanks!
tpollauf

Re: 2009 GT, removal of fog lights?

Post by tpollauf »

Give me a day or two to look into the service manual and see how they recommend accessing it. It will help me also as I have TWO 09 Gt's and may need to know myself . Summer hockey starts tomorrow night & I have an alumni hockey tournament this weekend 8-) I'll be whipped but love the exercise. After all this I'm free ... Stay tuned :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
XRVibe10

Post by XRVibe10 »

GM Service Information says to remove the front fascia to gain access to the fog lamp assy & to remove the bulb - if you can get up there with the spalsh shield out of the way you might be able to release the 2 retaining tabs & 1 adjusting screw - this will allow you to remove the lamp assy through the front - also you might try removing all the screws/clips for the splash shields for the front fascia as that may give you some flex in the bumper to get that extra clearance need (you will be surprised how much stability the shields give to the front bumper) - I did the HID upgrade on my 2010 2.4L Base but there is more room due to the different lense
wpgpolice

Post by wpgpolice »

Awesome thanks! I'll give it a try tonight. :D