03 awd transmission problem

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
03vibe03matrix

03 awd transmission problem

Post by 03vibe03matrix »

Im working on an 03 vibe awd. It needs a transmission. I got a 03 awd matrix transmission with less than 50, 000 miles on it and installed it . After driving it the check engine light came on. I put my scanner on it and it had a code saying shift soleniod E electrical. I need any info on valve body on which solenoid it is. Also what I noticed on both transmissions is that although the plugs look a like and plug in there different. On the 03 vibe awd tranny the white plug has 8 prongs and there are 2 empty slots. On the 03 matrix awd tranny the white plug has10 prongs. So the 2 that are empty on the vibe tranny now are there on the matrix tranny. So if anyone knows what I can do to fix my problem please hook me up with an answer.
Salsa Guy

Re: 03 awd transmission problem

Post by Salsa Guy »

Here's some troubleshooting steps. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... sIEokrtK8w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
03vibe03matrix

Re: 03 awd transmission problem

Post by 03vibe03matrix »

Thanks a lot for the trouble shooting diagram. I'll let you know how it turns out.